Tang's spit out metroplex soaked foods even with Selcon or Garlic, destroy soaked nori though. Bad to soak nori?

Mason Michalski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of an emergency, I have about 4 fat happy tangs in my 180 gallon (hippo, sailfin, tomini, kole) But my yellow tang has had sort of a pinched stomach, which leads me to believe internal parasites or intestinal worms. I can include pictures at some point but the best way to describe it is if someone took a playdough ball and just indented different spots with their fingers.

This has resulted in what looks like some nutrition deficiencies, even though I feed probably 3 sheets of purple nori in the auqa gadget gourmet grazer that they munch on throughout the day, every day, along with a decent amount of mysis and pellets. Usually I soak the top sheet they eat first in a garlic/metroplex dissolved solution, and then try to rub in Focus to bind it.

Is this bad, and not really doing much by soaking nori in medication? They spit out absolutely everything else that is medicated.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
You can soak nori. I baste mine with garlic

SlugSnorter

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much of an emergency, I have about 4 fat happy tangs in my 180 gallon (hippo, sailfin, tomini, kole) But my yellow tang has had sort of a pinched stomach, which leads me to believe internal parasites or intestinal worms. I can include pictures at some point but the best way to describe it is if someone took a playdough ball and just indented different spots with their fingers.

This has resulted in what looks like some nutrition deficiencies, even though I feed probably 3 sheets of purple nori in the auqa gadget gourmet grazer that they munch on throughout the day, every day, along with a decent amount of mysis and pellets. Usually I soak the top sheet they eat first in a garlic/metroplex dissolved solution, and then try to rub in Focus to bind it.

Is this bad, and not really doing much by soaking nori in medication? They spit out absolutely everything else that is medicated.
you can try using some focus

OP
OP
Mason Michalski

Mason Michalski

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
you can try using some focus
I said that I used focus in my initial post, they don't like the taste of it at all.

I fixed and treated my tang (s) by creating a Metroplex, Garlic Juice, and Selcon mixture that I soak nori in. They go nuts for it, and I was able to remove all internal parasites with it.

No more pinched stomach, degrading fins, or HLLE on my yellow tang, he was able to make a full recovery from the worms

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 58 85.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 4 5.9%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 3 4.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 4.4%
Back