Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think you may be correct about that. :eek:
What stories, this is just normal life. Doesn't everybody live a normal life?
We are going to the boat today and I hope to get my new dinghy out for the first time and if the tide is right, I can do some collecting for the first time this year. I really want to dump five gallons of amphipods in my tank.
I have been neglecting my tank lately because of the start of boating season and I have to build a little more Steam Punk stuff for this art show.
Maybe I will buy a Beret and paint pictures of Campbell's Soup there.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OMG,I just looked at some posts in this thread from 2011 and I don't recognize anyone on here from then. I wonder if any of them are still in the hobby.
This thread spans all subjects and it also has a couple of posts about fish, but the vast majority of it is about wasps, boats, illnesses, Paris Hilton, the Florida Keys, Jeeps and of course Supermodels. :rolleyes:

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen your clingfish lately? Also how is everyone else doing. Including your Cardinal

Turbo's Aquatics

Super Duper Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just looked at some posts in this thread from 2011 and I don't recognize anyone on here from then. I wonder if any of them are still in the hobby.
That's an interesting observation...in our local club it almost seems like everyone that was really active 5 years ago is out of the hobby or just keeping to themselves

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you seen your clingfish lately? Also how is everyone else doing. Including your Cardinal
No, I have not seen the clingfish in a few weeks. I think it is time to crawl under the tank to see if he took a trip. :eek:

Floyd, absolutely no one from then is still on here that I recognize. I think most people abandon the hobby after two or three Tuesdays.

Sparta, I know you are here but were you on this thread at the beginning?.

Anyone else still here. Raise your hand. Higher :rolleyes:
Supposedly over 140,000 members looked at this thread for some odd reason, and so far only 4 of them are still around. :confused:
Weird. Maybe I am in this too long.:p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just came home from collecting in my favorite tide pool. I collected 55,372 amphipods give or take five. I dumped them in my tan with the associated mud, sticks, seaweed, snails, worms, barnacles and Godzilla larvae. Probably 73 diseases in there also. But my fish think they died and went to fish heaven. They are chasing amphipods all over the place and are in their glory. This is the first time this year I had the opportunity to collect as the weather and tide were perfect. The amphipods are swarming all over the place. I still have a bunch in my tank from last year but now their cousins and friends are in there . I may have over done it as I think if I weighed them, there re more amphipods by weight then fish. :eek:
Here is a five second amphipod video. This is about one fiftieth of what I dumped in today.

Zack K

The Butterfly Guy
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dumped them in my tank with the associated mud, sticks, seaweed, snails, worms, barnacles and Godzilla larvae. Probably 73 diseases in there also.

Don't forget about the 86,000 different meds that are in the water to cure those 73 diseases.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't forget about the 86,000 different meds that are in the water to cure those 73 diseases.

Yes, that is correct and probably the reason my fish don't get sick. Some of them are starting to grow hair because of all the Regain people use. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I need one alternator on my boat so I tried to order one from Amazon. They only sell Chinese alternators so I can't buy one from them because I don't want one made out of wood. I was trying to by pass the 30 minute drive to the boat part store here because I can't get them on the phone. We are in the midst of a huge storm and they are on the water and may be out of electricity of flooded so I will try tomorrow. If I can't get an American alternator, I will re-build my old one.

Back