OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have so many white worms I may start to eat them myself. I have been feeding them a dry cat food and although they don't spit up hairballs, they grow very large very quick. My fish are all doing the macarana.

thumbnail.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This one is a little simpler looking but a pain to make. The copper Toilet bowl fill valve had to be aged and hollowed out to put a rod which operates the switch when the weight is lowered down to the magnet. It is dimmed by the water valve.
Of course the bulb is situated on a fire hole nozzle.
The vacuum tube was drilled through to fit a red LED

Lamp1.jpg

thumbnail.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my wife isn't doing to good today. Yesterday she had a flu shot and now we get the Super Geezer shot. You kids still get the Sissy shot but us "Mature" people get the Super shot which is a double dose and they mix it with Tequila and not the Girly stuff. The "Man" stuff with the worm in it. ;Yuck

That shot kind of gives her a sort of Flu and makes her sick. I guess it doesn't mix well with her other Meds. :(

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately my wife isn't doing to good today. Yesterday she had a flu shot and now we get the Super Geezer shot. You kids still get the Sissy shot but us "Mature" people get the Super shot which is a double dose and they mix it with Tequila and not the Girly stuff. The "Man" stuff with the worm in it. ;Yuck

That shot kind of gives her a sort of Flu and makes her sick. I guess it doesn't mix well with her other Meds. :(

I have no doubt you will take good care of her. And not steal her tequila, she earned it!

snorklr

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
they gave my wife the flu shot and the pneumonia shot the same day...wiped her out and both arms too sore to sleep on...she wont do that again

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That stinks. They don't want my wife to get a shingles shot because some of them are a live vaccine and she can't take it with her MS for some reason but we found a shot with a dead vaccine, or at least a vaccine with ich so it is supposed to be OK for her.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife seems much better today and while I am waiting for it to stop raining, I spit shined my boots. You Millenniums will have to Google that but in Basic Training, in the Army when I was in during the Revolutionary War we had to spit shine our boots every day, sometimes twice a day.
It really had nothing to do with boots as it was a mind exercise and they wanted to make sure your mind never had a minute of free time so they had to keep you busy constantly. :cool:

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife seems much better today and while I am waiting for it to stop raining, I spit shined my boots. You Millenniums will have to Google that but in Basic Training, in the Army when I was in during the Revolutionary War we had to spit shine our boots every day, sometimes twice a day.
It really had nothing to do with boots as it was a mind exercise and they wanted to make sure your mind never had a minute of free time so they had to keep you busy constantly. :cool:

That's why I joined the Air Force - once I was out of basic training I never had to spit shine my boots again. That, and the fact that the Air Force's idea of roughing it is staying in a 3 star hotel with no room service.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Rybren, in the Army, once out of basic training we also never had to "spit" shine our boots. But they had to be shined.
They still kept us busy. I was stationed in Colorado then and played with tanks.
Also remember here in the US we have a large army. Canada has what? Like two dozen men :D

My tank seems to be in a growth spurt. I don't know why. I also can't keep enough Alk in there and I may have to do it intravenously. Yesterday I made a mistake and thought I was dosing Alk, But I put in 4 times the dose of calcium.
I figured the water would turn into blackboard chalk, but nothing happened.

My invading, engulfing blue sponge is not encrusting over everything as fast but the encrusting gorgonians, green star polyps, mushrooms and zoa's are blooming all over the place. My anemone which was pinkie nail size a couple of years ago split into 3 anemones and each one is about 10" wide which is scaring me and if I could get two of them out, I would give them away. I try not to get any food near them for fear they will take over my Man Cave.

I think my 6 line wrasses are spawning as they both disappear behind the rocks together and come out smiling. One of them is new.
My two new ruby red dragonettes still ignore each other but they are still teenagers and to young.

My Rainsford gobies rarely come out as I think all they do is spawn and of course the fireclowns are just disgusting with all their spawning.

I can't yet tell if my new hawkfish is spawning with the old guy. Of course none of my fish have ever been drugged or quarantined so none of them will ever get sick.

You can tell when fish are in spawning condition because their colors get so much brighter and most of them get a "fluorescent tinge" on the edges of their fins. You rarely see this on captive fish but you see it on fish in the sea.
That is a sign of true health but you have to look closely. The fish also have a rounded appearance, they are curious and are not dead.

Drugged fish won't show that nor will most quarantined fish as their immune system is veclumpt, or gone.
I also never have to coax new fish to eat. A natural tank has that effect and they will eat Chinese Take Our if they had thumbs to sign the credit card receipt.

9.jpg

Reef_dachs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Your tank is stunning. What an amazing environment you have made.

Today I took my morning walk like I usually, but not always do. I like to get out before sunrise, before anyone is out to see nature. I usually go to the beach but I like to shake it up. :p

I walk about an hour and really enjoy it. On my way back a few people start to emerge and they are all very friendly and most of them don't even try to mug me. :oops:

I live near the sea so the grass is always covered with mist. Very cool

Walk 2.jpg

It's like those Science Fiction movies where it"s like 1947 and you walk through the mist and on the other side its 2083 and Everyone looks like a Supermodel but all they have to eat is pistachio ice cream and Snickers Bars but no one gains weight except for the creepy mayor who is part Alien from Andromeda.

Bridget bardot. .jpg

Anyway, besides that it was very nice.
This is the road I walk down.

Walk 1.jpg

Through the mist (besides the Supermodels) I meet interesting "friends" like Muskrat Sally here. (Really a wood chuck)
They are all over the place but are lousy at crossing roads.

Muskrat Sally.jpg

Being they are all so roundish and fat, when they get killed on the streets they always lay there with their little feet in the air. They remind me of Weebles. Weebles wobble but they don't fall down. I hate to see them dead because they are really cute looking and when I first moved here I thought they were beavers because when they stand on their back legs, thats exactly what they look like, but they usually live near a stream.

This guy flew up to the very top of my house and I didn't realize what a racket they make. OMG, like fly south. For an animal with such a small mouth, I don't know where that sound comes from. I hope they don't breed here as one is enough.
Peacock.jpg

Then when I got back to my house, the silence was ended by the bulldozers and Back Hoe's demolishing this building. Crash, boom, Smash etc.
thumbnail.jpg

Between the racket from the demolition and that stupid bird on my roof, I had to come into my Man Cave and relax in front of my very quiet fish tank.

tank oct.jpg

Reef_dachs

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you and your good pal Tommy for serving and bring real American hero’s. Glad you were able to have some good times with him.
I am enrolled in the Agent Orange Registry due to my exposure to the stuff in Viet Nam. My good friend Tommy, in the background died recently from presumed Covid but he suffered for the last couple of years from Parkinsons disease. Just last year the VA deemed service for the Blue Water Navy to be included in the Registry. (The Blue Water Navy is the ocean going Naval ships and not the smaller inshore Navy vessels used in Nam)

Tommy served on an Aircraft Carrier off Viet Nam for 4 years and even before he died, they have been trying to get aid for him and his wife because Parkinson's is one of the diseases that could have been caused by Agent Orange and Tommy assisted in filling the planes and helicopters with the stuff to be sprayed over the jungles (and over troops like me) He also had "Boots on the ground" for a while there)

I have been trying to help his wife get his disability benefits but sometimes as with any large agency you get a run around that could, and always does take years. It's a shame that sometimes American Hero's have to go through all this red tape after serving their country and it is sometimes so easy to get Government assistance for civilian things like food stamps, housing or medical care.

Tommy and his wife has been trying to get this for 3 or 4 years now with no end in sight. The poor guy already died and it is still tied up in red tape.

Agent Orange, if you don't know was a defoliant used over the jungles of Viet Nam to kill all the vegetation so we could easily see the enemy troops.
It was used almost everywhere and was sprayed over myself many times. Most of the people who used to spray the stuff already died from cancer or other debilitation fatal diseases and it could take many decades for it to show up. It could even affect your children.
Most of the guys I served with already died.

Agent Orange
Military herbicide
Agent Orange is an herbicide and defoliant chemical, one of the "tactical use" Rainbow Herbicides. It is widely known for its use by the U.S. military as part of its chemical warfare program, Operation Ranch Hand, during the Vietnam War from 1961 to 1971. It is a mixture of equal parts of two herbicides, 2,4,5-T and 2,4-D. en.wikipedia.org

Me and Tommy.jpeg

Here is one Firebase I lived on for a week or so. This is in the jungle and you can see there is nothing growing near there. I spent my year on this one and similar, but mostly smaller firebases or LZs.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 30.9%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 19.1%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 23 24.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back