Tank birthday, 47+ years

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see that Jeep is coming out with a plug in electric vehicle that will be made in America so as soon as the paint is dry on the thing, I want one. :cool:

It won't be fully electric until 2025 and I really want a fully electric one so I will have to wait a while. :(
Unfortunately the battery will be coming from Afghanistan sold by China.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Lets remember today is 9/11. 20 years ago thousands of Americans were murdered here
Including some of my co workers.

Everyone living in New York knew someone who died there.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found one of my early Diatom filters XL. It was a rusted out hulk so I wire brushed it and painted and oiled it. To my surprise it works and doesn't leak to bad. :rolleyes:

The seals in those aren't made to well so I usually run them in a bucket.

The paint is dry and maybe if I have time today, and can find hoses for it, I may try it out.

IMG_4778.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't use prefiltration of any kind unless you want to call a skimmer prefiltration.
I wouldn't have any place to put a pre filter because I don't have a sump :rolleyes:

My tank is running good but the water level was low and I discovered that my 3 month RO cartridge was clogged ;Meh
Those things usually last me a couple of years so I don't know what the problem was but I ordered another one which came in a day.

The old one I will take apart for the membrane that I can use on those mandarin feeders I invented.

I can now find my 2 Possum Wrasses and 2 filefish which hide all the time. But I found their lair.

I had to frag some hammer corals and gorgs as they were to close to the front glass and like always, I had to trim sponge or it will trip me when I walk past the tank.

IMG_4772.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You. Let me now what you think of it. Maybe I will read it again.

My Daughter has Covid so I am kind of worried right now

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been making my wife and myself this for about 6 months and It seems to be a wonder "drug".

You take a spoonful of it every morning 15 minutes before you eat. It's supposed to prevent everything. So far, I don't have anything except maybe uronoma and ich so I don't know if it works or not.

I doubt it has anything to do with it because I don't believe in these things. but I don't know. Since doing this I lost 23 lbs (about 6 months) and I didn't change my diet hardly at all. ( I do walk about 2 miles almost every day) I still eat pasta and bread a few times a week with everything else.

I was able to eliminate one of my acid pills and can probably eliminate the other one as well and I don't need a cholesterol pill any more.

Most of my leg pains went away including from my new "aluminum" knee. I am still bald though. :rolleyes:
I have been researching this stuff for a few years. :) I just found this in a minute searching but I knew about garlic and ginger for a long time.
I would give it to my fish but the honey will really screw up my water. :confused:

There are ginger and garlic videos all over YouTube. My wife has MS so I will try anything. I also make her what she calls Jumping Juice" but this is something else.

This stuff is easy to make. I get a big jar. Like a quart or a little less.
I get peeled ginger in Costco. Enough to fill the jar a little more than half way. Don't chop it, just throw it in.

Peel fresh ginger by rubbing off the skin with a spoon. Shread it in either a food processor or use a cheese grater.

Add that to no closer than 2" or 3" from the top. (3 is better) Fill with "local" honey. Not store bought because that is pasteurized so all the enzymes are killed so it is just sugar. I buy almost a quart of it here from a supermarket but I can get it at farm stands. It's $29.00 but it is a big jar and will last me 6 or 8 months.

Don't fill the jar much more than at least 2 1/2 or 3" from the top as it makes pressure.
Every day for about a week loosten the cover for a second to let out the pressure.

Let the thing sit for at least a month and have a teaspoon of it every morning 15 minutes before you eat.

The garlic looses much of it's garlic taste and tastes like pungent ginger. The honey gets watery.
I actually love the stuff.

garlic is in the jar (3)
getting ready to grate the ginger.

question: i've read various things on the algorenet.
refrigerate
cool dark place
on the counter

what do you do?

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank You. Let me now what you think of it. Maybe I will read it again.

My Daughter has Covid so I am kind of worried right now
Thoughts and prayers go out. I'm sure everything will be fine.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jekyl, Thank you. We spoke to her last night and she sounds awful. Heart is racing and has a fever. Hopefully today will be better.
question: i've read various things on the algorenet.
refrigerate
cool dark place
on the counter
I just leave it on my workbench. But for the first 2 weeks you need to crack it open every day to let the pressure out.` And your house will smell of garlic when you do that. :oops:

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Jekyl, Thank you. We spoke to her last night and she sounds awful. Heart is racing and has a fever. Hopefully today will be better.

I just leave it on my workbench. But for the first 2 weeks you need to crack it open every day to let the pressure out.` And your house will smell of garlic when you do that. :oops:
sicilian/italian so thats a good thing. :cool:

Rybren

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry to hear about your daughter Paul. Boy between the flood/rain damage and now this, she's had a rough time lately.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes she has. The place she is staying in they also own and it is a few blocks from their other Manhattan place. She is by herself.

We spoke to her today and she feels and looks horrible, but no shortness of breath and her oxygen level is fine.

Not coughing much either but so much back pain she can hardly walk. I don't know what that is about.

Of course Doctors won't see her until she gets better when she won't need a Dr. :rolleyes:

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had it in the beginning of last year before the 15 days to stop the spread. Knocked me down for a good 6 or 7 days. Lot of coughing and complete lack of motivation. I also had body stiffness and back pain.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
the book was very good i hope your daughter gers better
Thank you. My Daughter wrote the foreword.

Jekyl, at my age I always have stiffness and back pain so I will never know if I am sick. ;Jawdrop

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thank you. My Daughter wrote the foreword.

Jekyl, at my age I always have stiffness and back pain so I will never know if I am sick. ;Jawdrop
Oh I'm right there with ya. At the time I came down with it, was when it was supposed to still be over seas. At the time just thought I had a bad flu. Testing later on showed antibodies in my system already.

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 71 37.8%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 63 33.5%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 13.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 28 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 0.5%
Back