OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems I have some little medical issues. I may have some lesions on my lungs and I need surgery on my spine in my neck.

(I am loaded with asbestos and Agent Orange)

All the years I worked commercial construction destroyed the disks in my spine in my neck and my arm is going numb.
Not a big problem but I am not allowed to lift much until I get it fixed. I am just concerned because my wife can't do much on her own with out me. :confused:

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hope all goes well with your health issues. Read your book and loved it. Best wishes and happy birthday to your tank

Fredinva

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It seems I have some little medical issues. I may have some lesions on my lungs and I need surgery on my spine in my neck.

(I am loaded with asbestos and Agent Orange)

All the years I worked commercial construction destroyed the disks in my spine in my neck and my arm is going numb.
Not a big problem but I am not allowed to lift much until I get it fixed. I am just concerned because my wife can't do much on her own with out me. :confused:
Hey Paul,
You're First Cav! I was Big Red One, Nam class of '67.
We are tough old birds. Fight hard my friend, you'll get through these health issues!!
Best of luck, allways,
Fred

Darren in Tacoma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
"destroyed the disks in my spine in my neck and my arm is going numb.
Not a big problem"

Good to know this is only a small problem.

I have a few spine problems myself, but I'm about 10 years younger than you. We'll see how I feel when I catch up. Keep hangin' in there.

reeftwincities

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am so happy I stumbled upon this thread. I remember a similar one on a different board years ago. As I get back in the hobby, it makes me smile to know your tank is still going strong. I'm glad you are still at it. Hang in there with the recent diagnosis and I wish you well.

Edit -- Btw...I still think of your broken bottle idea and aim to create a few for my next tank. Care to share how you create them again?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You're First Cav! I was Big Red One, Nam class of '67.
We are tough old birds
Yes we are Brother. No Snowflakes here. This will be my 29th surgery and If I could stand my screaming, I would do it myself. :confused: I am more concerned about lesions on my lungs. Going for an X Ray soon.

But I am old so this is a normal thing for Geezers. ;Bucktooth

I can't pick up much weight so no water changes and my fish will have to get used to eating much smaller, lighter mysis. :rolleyes:

I am just worried because my wife can't really do much on her own, not even take stuff out of the refrigerator so if I want a beer, I will have to call Ghost Busters or Angelina Jolie to get me one.

Taking out the garbage and almost everything else will be interesting until they let me do those things again.

I don't know when the surgery is yet. Going for a nerve conduction test because I said something to the nurse and she said, "You have some nerve". ;Meh

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Edit -- Btw...I still think of your broken bottle idea and aim to create a few for my next tank. Care to share how you create them again?
I think I posted an article about that on this forum.
Yes, I did.

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes we are Brother. No Snowflakes here. This will be my 29th surgery and If I could stand my screaming, I would do it myself. :confused: I am more concerned about lesions on my lungs. Going for an X Ray soon.

But I am old so this is a normal thing for Geezers. ;Bucktooth

I can't pick up much weight so no water changes and my fish will have to get used to eating much smaller, lighter mysis. :rolleyes:

I am just worried because my wife can't really do much on her own, not even take stuff out of the refrigerator so if I want a beer, I will have to call Ghost Busters or Angelina Jolie to get me one.

Taking out the garbage and almost everything else will be interesting until they let me do those things again.

I don't know when the surgery is yet. Going for a nerve conduction test because I said something to the nurse and she said, "You have some nerve". ;Meh
Have you considered trying to set up water changes with a pump to assist? I set a system up for my dad with a brute trash can to where all he had to do was use a pump and then push the brute can around. Don’t have to fill it to the brim either

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Have you considered trying to set up water changes with a pump to assist? I set a system up for my dad with a brute trash can to where all he had to do was use a pump and then push the brute can around. Don’t have to fill it to the brim either
Takes one step out. Now just gotta figure out the getting it from the ocean part.

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Takes one step out. Now just gotta figure out the getting it from the ocean part.
Very true. I’ve come up with weird creative things over the years, I once ran my tank through a power outage for 2days on an inverter from my car on the cigarette lighter, if you could find a way to use the pump setup like that, it could work. I am the red neck engineer in my family so give me your situation and I’ll try to hillbilly-McGuyver something to help!

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Very true. I’ve come up with weird creative things over the years, I once ran my tank through a power outage for 2days on an inverter from my car on the cigarette lighter, if you could find a way to use the pump setup like that, it could work. I am the red neck engineer in my family so give me your situation and I’ll try to hillbilly-McGuyver something to help!
A hose and pump system would work. Just run the hose from your car to the ocean and then to the tank. May get some weird looks on the beach though.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HeyLookItsCaps, I collect water behind my house in the sea and I do pump it from the sea right into my Jeep. Then I do pump it into a vat to warm it up. But I don't pump it into my tank because it takes to long and my corals are out of the water to long so I normally dump it in with 5 gallon water cooler bottles.

Of course I won't be able to do that but I just changed water and I won't do it again for 4 months so I may be cured by then or I can find someone or just not change water. It isn 't that important :)

I will see how it goes.

You're First Cav! I was Big Red One,
Of course I am.

HeyLookItsCaps

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
HeyLookItsCaps, I collect water behind my house in the sea and I do pump it from the sea right into my Jeep. Then I do pump it into a vat to warm it up. But I don't pump it into my tank because it takes to long and my corals are out of the water to long so I normally dump it in with 5 gallon water cooler bottles.

Of course I won't be able to do that but I just changed water and I won't do it again for 4 months so I may be cured by then or I can find someone or just not change water. It isn 't that important :)

I will see how it goes.

Of course I am.

Sounds like you need a bigger pump! Ha. Or maybe an auto water changer type deal. I know you have a system but I’m just tryin to think out of the box if you’re concerned. Either way you’ll be good in no time

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my third Covid (Geezer) shot yesterday and I feel like I got run over by a Mack truck, then he put it in reverse and filled his truck with Sumo wrestlers coming back from a hot dog eating contest and ran me over again.

Besides that, I am great and living the life. :)

I also lost 24 lbs so now I am down to my fighting weight. :D

I am going to write a book. The title will be "Don't listen to Marie Osmond or Jenny Craig" (who I think is beautiful, Marie, not Jenny because I don't know what she looks like. )

Eat anything you want, then get up and walk a couple of miles a day, no matter what. Even in the rain, snow, sleet, volcanoes etc. The weight comes right off. ;Bucktooth

Jekyl

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got my third Covid (Geezer) shot yesterday and I feel like I got run over by a Mack truck, then he put it in reverse and filled his truck with Sumo wrestlers coming back from a hot dog eating contest and ran me over again.

Besides that, I am great and living the life. :)

I also lost 24 lbs so now I am down to my fighting weight. :D

I am going to write a book. The title will be "Don't listen to Marie Osmond or Jenny Craig" (who I think is beautiful, Marie, not Jenny because I don't know what she looks like. )

Eat anything you want, then get up and walk a couple of miles a day, no matter what. Even in the rain, snow, sleet, volcanoes etc. The weight comes right off. ;Bucktooth
Hope it passes quick

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 145 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 9 5.5%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 4.3%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 1.8%
Back