OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I get this bill from Easy Pass. The place that charges you for bridge tolls. The bill is for $109.00.
Last month I got a bill for $9.00 . They have my credit card information for like 20 years so why am I getting any bill and last month I paid the $9.00 on the phone when I called some Jiboni there to tell them, "Hey, you got my credit card information, why are you bothering me".

So I call them and they say, because of the Corona Virus, there is no body there. If there is no body there, who sent me a bill for $109.00? The $100.00 is a penalty for not paying the $9.00 that I paid to the Jiboni on the phone last month.

I go to their web site and it says I don't own nothing, like Zippo and it also says they have my credit card.

So the Jiboni tells me he will lower the $109.00 to $6.00.

I say, I will pay the $6.00 but what is the credit card for? He says, sometimes the window is dirty so their lazer beam doesn't read it correctly.
Then he says the place that sends the bill and easy pass are two different companies. I tell him, Oh Yeah, then why did I get his phone number on the bill?

I mean, is it me? Fix your machine, and don't bother me.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So I get this bill from Easy Pass. The place that charges you for bridge tolls. The bill is for $109.00.
Last month I got a bill for $9.00 . They have my credit card information for like 20 years so why am I getting any bill and last month I paid the $9.00 on the phone when I called some Jiboni there to tell them, "Hey, you got my credit card information, why are you bothering me".

So I call them and they say, because of the Corona Virus, there is no body there. If there is no body there, who sent me a bill for $109.00? The $100.00 is a penalty for not paying the $9.00 that I paid to the Jiboni on the phone last month.

I go to their web site and it says I don't own nothing, like Zippo and it also says they have my credit card.

So the Jiboni tells me he will lower the $109.00 to $6.00.

I say, I will pay the $6.00 but what is the credit card for? He says, sometimes the window is dirty so their lazer beam doesn't read it correctly.
Then he says the place that sends the bill and easy pass are two different companies. I tell him, Oh Yeah, then why did I get his phone number on the bill?

I mean, is it me? Fix your machine, and don't bother me.
We have a new bridge here and the cost of crossing is 2 uk pounds. You can only pay online when you cross and only have 24 hours to pay if you don't in that time you get a fine. Not even a week to pay.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures. :D I like your tank, especially the giant mushroom.

Cancun, You read all 177 pages! I doubt I read all of them. Sometimes I just sit on my couch and hire a Ghost writer to write them. ;Wideyed

I tried to get a Supermodel but they are all scared of the Corona Virus so they all ran to Cancun, where incidentally Corona Beer comes from. Someplace in Mexico anyway. Most of them can't write anyway, they just pose. ;Happy

My wife and I also dove a few times in Mexico and Cancun. :cool:

Thank you for posting, sometimes it feels like I am the only one on here. I come on early in the morning while I am waiting for my wife to get up. She works hard all day cleaning and cooking (Which, Yes I help with) And she doesn't get around to well so it is a big choir and MS tires you out.
Thanks Paul!!!! I enjoyed hearing about you volunteering at your Aquarium. In St. Louis they just opened up a new Aquarium on Christmas Day! I bought season tickets LOL. It is small, but I have high hopes for it! Here are some pictures I took there.....

IMG_20200302_130321.jpg IMG_20200302_124859.jpg IMG_20200302_123320.jpg IMG_20200302_124948.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures. The aquarium here I go in for free because I keep my boat in back of it in their marina.
I only went there once to volunteer, maybe when they open again after this Virus, I will go back.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, we have this electronic thing on our front window that automatically takes the money out of your credit card. At least thats what it is supposed to do. But like any Government agency, they have Jibonies working there that have no idea what they are doing.

If you have to call any Government agency like Medicare, Social Security or Veterans affairs, forget about it.

You need to make an appointment to start waiting. But if I have to pay my taxes, I need to do that instantly.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, we have this electronic thing on our front window that automatically takes the money out of your credit card. At least thats what it is supposed to do. But like any Government agency, they have Jibonies working there that have no idea what they are doing.

If you have to call any Government agency like Medicare, Social Security or Veterans affairs, forget about it.

You need to make an appointment to start waiting. But if I have to pay my taxes, I need to do that instantly.
Yes regular uses have the same fir the bridge but we don't use it often enough like many more. Giving casual users just 24 hours is simply ridiculous, itvshoulde be a week. Most think the 24 hours is simply a way to rake in fines for late payment.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice pictures. The aquarium here I go in for free because I keep my boat in back of it in their marina.
I only went there once to volunteer, maybe when they open again after this Virus, I will go back.
That's cool to get in for free! Ours is closed too...I was a bit disappointed because I was going on March 31st to a book signing.... Jauque Couesteo's grandkid is going to be there with a book about sharks and the ocean he wrote....I love all things shark and ocean.....lol....I know I spelled his name so wrong....I apologize!!!!

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I went out just now on a foray for fish food. I was looking for LRS food in case they quarantine fish stores.

The first one I went to closest to my home, about 15 miles away is a huge place but not any good for fish. They had a figure 8 puffer, a scat, an anemic looking shrimp and a few algae and ich filled tanks and no food that I wanted.

So I went another 10 miles to a place with a leaky roof so I had to stand in the rain while I looked through the tanks. One advantage was they didn't have to top off their tanks as water was coming down everyplace.

I did manage to get some LRS food and this guy who I just felt sorry for.

That is a beautiful blenny!!!!!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cancun, If you like sharks you should dive in the South Pacific like French Polynesia.
This was Bora Bora in Tahiti. There are so many sharks you have to time them behind the boat so you don't jump on them. They frown on that. ;Wideyed

The sharks circle you throughout the dives and come close enough that you can touch them.
Then you have schools of manta rays that make the sharks look like guppies as they are huge, school bus huge.

You also have whales. When you get deep, about 120' you see the much bigger lemon sharks.

Very cool and it made me quit diving in the Caribbean as I got spoiled.
There is nothing like it.

We stopped in a shallow lagoon to feed some sting rays and the guy had to keep throwing fish away from us to keep the sharks away.

A piece of food landed in the water near us and a bird dropped down for it and a shark ate the food
And the bird. :oops:

This was the place in Bora Bora. They also filmed "Mutiny on The Bounty" here.

The lower picture is a tiny place on a volcano where we stopped for lunch. The kid goes out and spears you something to eat. You can't get fresher than that.
Bill Gates eats here when he is there. This was the only structure on that Island I think and I am not even sure they had electricity.
My wife is to the right in black. Those "rocks" in the water are tridnaca clams.

This is the ship we go on. It is the only ship we go on now because we got spoiled. It is the Windstar. The back of the ship opens up like a landing barge and the Zodiac dive boat comes out there.

We have been on 5 or 6 of those mega cruises and I really hate them and won't go for free. The last time we went on with our Daughter I was praying for a torpedo to sink us, thats how much I hate them.
I really don't like crowds and go on vacation to get away from them. The Windstar only has 300 people, not 6,000.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Cancun, If you like sharks you should dive in the South Pacific like French Polynesia.
This was Bora Bora in Tahiti. There are so many sharks you have to time them behind the boat so you don't jump on them. They frown on that. ;Wideyed

The sharks circle you throughout the dives and come close enough that you can touch them.
Then you have schools of manta rays that make the sharks look like guppies as they are huge, school bus huge.

You also have whales. When you get deep, about 120' you see the much bigger lemon sharks.

Very cool and it made me quit diving in the Caribbean as I got spoiled.
There is nothing like it.

We stopped in a shallow lagoon to feed some sting rays and the guy had to keep throwing fish away from us to keep the sharks away.

A piece of food landed in the water near us and a bird dropped down for it and a shark ate the food
And the bird. :oops:

This was the place in Bora Bora. They also filmed "Mutiny on The Bounty" here.

The lower picture is a tiny place on a volcano where we stopped for lunch. The kid goes out and spears you something to eat. You can't get fresher than that.
Bill Gates eats here when he is there. This was the only structure on that Island I think and I am not even sure they had electricity.
My wife is to the right in black. Those "rocks" in the water are tridnaca clams.

This is the ship we go on. It is the only ship we go on now because we got spoiled. It is the Windstar. The back of the ship opens up like a landing barge and the Zodiac dive boat comes out there.

We have been on 5 or 6 of those mega cruises and I really hate them and won't go for free. The last time we went on with our Daughter I was praying for a torpedo to sink us, thats how much I hate them.
I really don't like crowds and go on vacation to get away from them. The Windstar only has 300 people, not 6,000.
Wow! So beautiful! That's definitely on our list. Love those pics! We are not a fan of crowds eaither. We have never done a cruise ship and don't ever plan on it. That small boat though is a great option. ʘ‿ʘ

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you go on Windstar, you will never go on another cruise line. Small, intimate, no kids alowed.
That's perfect!!!! We don't have kids, well my dog counts I think LOL. My mother n law stays at the house with the dog, and also watches the tank. Thor is a male dog....but they sent us a pink binkie! He he! I am sure he doesn't know the difference.

IMG_20181004_131820.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stirred up my tank using my very old diatom filter.

And while I was doing that I decided to scrape the back glass to see if I could find some creatures that I haven't seen in a while.

I found my pistol shrimp which I have not seen in many months, maybe a year. I also found my two Gecko Gobies which I never see and didn't know both of them were alive.

I accidentally buried the pistol shrimp but I am sure he can dig himself out. I hope so anyway.

cancun

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just stirred up my tank using my very old diatom filter.

And while I was doing that I decided to scrape the back glass to see if I could find some creatures that I haven't seen in a while.

I found my pistol shrimp which I have not seen in many months, maybe a year. I also found my two Gecko Gobies which I never see and didn't know both of them were alive.

I accidentally buried the pistol shrimp but I am sure he can dig himself out. I hope so anyway.

I would love a shrimp or two of any kind...but I have 12 Wrasses so I don't think even a goby would be able to protect the poor shrimp in my tank. ◉‿◉

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I took another video. About half of the fish are hiding but I have a lot of those types of fish. Not seen here is a
Hippo tang, bluestripe pipefish, mandarin, 2nd sunburst anthius, 2nd possum wrasse, 2nd watchman gobi, 2 gecko gobies, 2 rainsford gobies, green clown gobi, 2nd striped cardinal, 2 six line wrasses. 5 fish that I have no idea what they are and an arrow crab.

I took this to show a natural tank. You can see tufts of hair algae, cyano, aiptasia, asternia stars, dead corals and Godzilla larvae.
The 29 year old fire clowns are tending their eggs as they lay them every few days.

Tank now is all NSW taken right from the surf with nothing added and nothing has ever been quarantined, medicated, dipped, de-wormed or anything else.

Anything like snails or shrimp or other CUC things in your tank also?? Didn’t notice and I’m to lazy to backtrack thru all post for answer haha but being honest,, What gets me is that I’ve never herd of anyone else using 100% ocean water,, before I joined this website and njreefers site and learned about reefing and then herd stories of you and ur amazing tank,, I felt like I was wrong for using nothing but pure ocean water ( I have luxury of being able to get my water 10 miles offshore) because of my job and kept two 20gal tanks going for 2yrs with minimal problems. And l kept up to 13-14 seahorses in each one,, using nothing but ocean water and doing 100% WC every 7-8 weeks. I’m so glad you are proving a point about Natural ocean water instead of the fake stuff

Paulie069

Random Acts Of Kindness
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, she got a brace for her leg today and she is feeling really bad. They take a mold of your leg and custom make the thing, The thing goes from under her foot all the way up her leg as far as it can go. She can't wear it under clothes as it is big and bulky. My wife was athlete and this is not working well for her. MS sucks.
Yeah I could feel your pain on that brother because I had a family member who had that and it does suck

Back