OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got that Jeep going just fine. The lights and horn works, it goes forward and in reverse and the "engine" runs.
It makes engine noises and you can see the valves opening and closing through the clear valve covers.

I had to rip out all the existing wiring and put in my own wiring and switches.
I am trying to order tail light lenses, decals, a battery, hood and a few other small things.
I will clean it up and it will be good to go.

Jeep 3.jpg

Jeep 5.jpg

My new copperband, which is the first living thing I ever ordered on line seems perfect. He is 2 1/2" just as I specified, and after a few days is eating everything.

He is inquisitive and has an "intelligent" look on his face. :D Yes he does.

He still stays in the back while I am here, but I will see if he comes out when I am not wearing my Speedo. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My new Copperband is doing great and working to become just like his predecessor who lived a long and prosperous life. He, or she doesn't seem to have any more gill parasites of flukes as I don't see him shake any more. (I think I will call "him" a "She" from now on because of her eyelashes)

The gill parasites probably went through their cycle, fell off and tried to attach to something else but "Oh Boy" were they surprised when they found out my fish were immune to them so they have to find a new hobby, maybe Line Dancing. :)

That is the entire method to my tank. Whatever disease the new fish believe they have, eventually goes through it's cycle and is over with so the fish can get down to whatever it is supposed to do.

However I have not seen this fish eat any large aiptasia. But in her defense, some of my aiptasia could eat her and I think she is afraid of them. I do see her pick at the small ones and she does hunt all day on the back and side glass where all sorts of creatures live.

She does eat live white worms but she is a little small so has to study them before she eats them. But I think she will be fine.

Of course it is early and I have not seen my tank yet as it is downstairs in my Man Cave/Workshop so she may be laying on the bottom pushing up tube worms with a big hermit crab sitting on her tail while he is watching Don Knots in "The Fish in Mr. Limpet. " :eek:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Click on the little green box at the end.)
Husband: "I changed a light bulb today. "

Wife: " That's it? I did the laundry, vacuumed the house, washed windows, cooked three meals, and the list goes on and on ... And you changed a single light bulb?"

Husband: "Yep, that's what I did today. Watch this; I even filmed myself doing it."

Click here to watch: click

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
On Memorial Day we may try to go out on the boat but before that I am going to put a Flag on my friend Tommy's grave.
They are letting Veterans and Boy Scouts place flags on the graves of American Hero's on Monday.

They originally cancelled the ceremony due to the Virus but too many Veterans and other Americans complained because we have been honoring these True Americans for many decades and it's really all we can do.

I also want to see if they put a stone on his grave yet and I can send a picture of it to his wife Sue.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not far from where I live is Plum Island. "Nelson DeMile" wrote a book named Plum Island about it.

Here is an article about it that came out today. The Island is for sale if you don't mind the Anthrax and other experiments that were done there as well as who knows what because everything that went on there was secret so they may even have Aliens living there with the heartbreak of Psorosis.
Under the water is teeming with life, even coral and kelp. I collect my water not far from there.

But there have been a few instances where very weird animals that no one knew what they were washed up on some beaches near there.
I am not sure I would want to actually live there.

But I did most of my diving not "to" far from there, Like 60 miles away so far enough that I probably won't grow two heads or anything.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Regarding feeding and immunity.
When clownfsh and other small fish in the wild feed twice a day I will start feeding them twice a day. Clownfsh like many small reef fish have small inefficient stomachs and eat almost constantly from the water column and while it is not so easy to replicate we can off quality foods more often which I do. IMO dry food offered every now and again is fine not that I fed it much at all, just like you eating a burger now and again is fine, but every day, nope. Nature is a wonderful thing and I have yet to see anybody improve on mother nature after all she has taken millions of years to perfect her perfect ways. (You may have heard me say that before lol) My whole philosophy to reefkeeping is biased on her teachings and you couldn't have a better professor to follow. They say you are what you eat my fish arent dry foods.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
To update my copperband is doing fine and he seems to think he died and went to heaven. I notice a lot less aiptasia but I have a few very large ones and one that is bigger than my copperband and he is actually afraid of it. I would be too.
The thing is like the Godzilla's of aiptasia's and probably thinks it is a carpet anemone andI think my fireclown will host in it soon. ;Bored

I injected it with all sorts of things but I may have made a mistake and injected it with Regain which would account for it's unbelievable growth. I rubbed some Rogain on my head and have started to grow aiptasia out of my ears. :oops:

My Janss pipefish I think is way older than it's lifespan is supposed to be but I have no idea what that is.
My bluestripe pipefish is still trying to mate with him but being the Janss is three or four times larger, he is way out of her league.

My rainsfords seem to be constantly spawning and my watchman goby female has not come out of her burrow in a couple of months so she is also probably tending multiple batches of eggs. I can see her in there and she seems to be very content but the male doesn't allow her out so I "shoot" worms in through the back of her cave so at least she can eat. Being married to a fat bully who won't let you come out to have some fun is just mean. He seems to want to keep her barefoot and pregnant. Or bare finned and pregnant. ;Wideyed
I am not sure what to call a Watchman female, maybe a Watchgirl, or a Watchbabe I don't know.

My SPS for some reason are growing like that aiptasia and reaching for the stars as are "most" of my LPS. One LPS I think it was an elegance go completely covered my a Hammer coral which seemed to grow overnight. Now the thing is touching the front glass as is a very old gorgonian.
Last week I "Very gently" pushed the entire reef structure back from the glass a few inches because I was hitting some montipora that was making it hard to clean the front glass.
I need to do it again but I hate to do that as I hear things breaking and I don't like the sound of that.

I don't do much to my tank so I have no idea why some things are growing so good, but I have been playing quite a bit of Vintage Linda Ronstadt lately. I have to clean the front glass every day and really could clean it twice a day. I don't get it.

My tank is not all great, I also have some bristleworms that almost qualify to be moray eels. I really need to trap some of the ones over a pound.

This is my Daughter and has nothing to do with this post, but neither does anything else.

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Copperband keeps my DT free of Aps but I have a few small ones in the sump he can't get at obviously. I hear CBs won't tackle large Aps which is probably true. My CB is a bit of a scary pants and even at feeding time he never seems quite sure or confident with my feeding tube but he will eat a short distance away as the food comes out although my foxface is always first inline to the tube.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They can ask all they want. I moved here because I wanted a smaller house, but I did give them a bigger tank. :)

A worm with high fashion and practical utility: Have you ever kept feather dusters in your reef aquarium?

• I currently have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 65 37.1%
  • Not currently, but I have had feather dusters in my tank in the past.

Votes: 59 33.7%
  • I have not had feather dusters, but I hope to in the future.

Votes: 25 14.3%
  • I have no plans to have feather dusters in my tank.

Votes: 26 14.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back