OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, I didn't put them under a microscope yet. It's raining today so Maybe I will try to collect some to have a look. They are all in the back and these is so many corals and sponges back there I am not sure if I can get something back there to get some.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Watchmans just laid eggs again. I found them by accident.
Eggs.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this for my wife today. We had to give back her last one as the lease was up. I got it through Costco. Who knew.
And it was cheaper than the same car, a Jeep Compass I just gave back. They are almost giving them away. :cool:

Except she got it in their new color, orange. I guess it will be good for Halloween and the best thing is it is made in Michigan.
2021-Jeep-Compass-Exterior-Colors.jpg

2021-Jeep-Compass-Exterior.png

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like your orange better. Maybe after Halloween we will have it re painted. :cool:

GBRsouth

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I bought this for my wife today. We had to give back her last one as the lease was up. I got it through Costco. Who knew.
And it was cheaper than the same car, a Jeep Compass I just gave back. They are almost giving them away. :cool:

Except she got it in their new color, orange. I guess it will be good for Halloween and the best thing is it is made in Michigan.
2021-Jeep-Compass-Exterior-Colors.jpg

2021-Jeep-Compass-Exterior.png
I like your orange better. Maybe after Halloween we will have it re painted. :cool:

The Orange is still good after Halloween Paul! Still the pumpkin theme too. Your Cinderella's stage coach! Just make sure she's home before midnight!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
These "guys" should be spawning any day now. I had one for a few years and just added another one a couple of weeks ago. Now one of them looks like this, smiles a lot and has really long eyelasyhes. :)

thumbnail.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made 5 quarts of "Jumping Juice" (my wife named it that)
It is in a pot but I don't cook it. It's a concoction I make for her that she drinks every day to control pain. I didn't invent it, that was Montel Williams who also had MS. I added some ingredients to it and it will burn your socks off. I don't really like it but my wife seems to.

If she forgets to take it she is in a lot of pain at night. I have been making it for a few years and it is mostly fresh beets, carrots, ginger, horseraddish, tart cherry juice and a lot of berries.
So it is all anti-inflamation

re-name.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this by accident. It's about a small firefight in Viet Nam. I don't normally watch these clips but I saw that it was the same unit I was in, "The First Cav" and it was the same place I was at and the same time.
I am surprised they had a camera man there as I never saw one. None of these guys look familiar to me either.
This may be deleted as it is not about fish and a little graphic so if it is no good, delete it. But it was on CBS News so is public information.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The last time I trimmed my photosynthetic sponge that grows all over my tank, the skimmer overflowed all over the floor. Normally it drains into a sewer line.

thumbnail.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am putting this on my thread because I realize most people don't read it and I am to old to argue.
If you are a quarantine or medication nut, don't read this, go and watch Oprah.

Fish Health
I just don't get it and I know I never will. This hobby seems so simple but many of us, for some reason make it hard. I know I am in the vast minority but there is so much fish diseases on these forums that if I was a fish, I would make believe I croaked so I would be flushed and swim back to the sea. :cool:

"We" are making our fish sick. Not the LFS or the guy in the canoe who collected them. It is us.
The fish come to us in almost perfect condition with most of their immunity intact, then we insist on quarantining and God Forbid medicating them. That is how we are killing them.

I keep saying it and very few people listen so i am now saying it to myself and no one should listen. THE STOMACH BACTERIA OF A FISH TOTALLY 99% CONTROLS IT'S IMMUNE SYSTEM.
I can't see why that is such a hard concept. Copper kills stomach bacteria and parasites, "maybe" viruses but I am guessing. So we are soaking the fish, including it's internal organs in a poison that may not kill the fish outright but will kill it's immune system. Why does that make sense? A fish without it's immune system will get sick. ;Vomit

When we go to a doctor does he "soak" us in medication. My doctor doesn't.
Look at almost any disease or quarantine thread. The fish starts off fine, then develops Uronoma. I don't even know what that is as my fish have never had it and I have been keeping fish since Eisenhower was President. He didn't keep fish but had a dog named Heidi.
Internal worms, another one. I have never had a fish with those either, or velvet. " In fifty years". Why not? Like Duh. It's because I don't quarantine or medicate, two things that cause these things.

OK maybe they don't "cause" them. Fish already have those diseases when we get them, but they are supposed to have them. It's what fish do. That is why they have an immune system.
Yes, if we keep a very new or sterile tank or feed nothing but flakes and pellets the fish will also become sick. I am not sure why people are surprised when their fish get sick if they don't feed them correctly. No "quality" pellets won't do it either.
(They won't hurt but the fish needs living bacteria and dry foods won't have it)

Forget parameters, parameters won't make your fish sick unless you are keeping them in lemonade with the wrong pH instead of seawater.
All we have to do, is keep a natural tank, with real hiding places like a fish would find in the sea. NOT PVC FITTINGS. Use those for plumbing or maybe pipefish. :p

A fishes immune system also depends on the fish feeling secure. If you can see the fish, it can see you and unless you are Angelina Jolie, the fish don't want to see you.
A fishes immune system also depends on the correct food. We can live on potato chips and beer, fish can't. Their immune system will not work with out the correct food ours will.

"Quality" flake food will not do it. Flakes are baked. Did you ever see a fish go out to get a loaf of baked bread?
In the sea they eat fresh, whole fish. Almost all fish eat fresh, whole fish, preferably live.
The live fish they eat has in their stomach everything that little prey fish ate. Parasites and all.
That prey fish also has a liver which is about 15% of it's weight and that liver is all oil. Fish need that.

We can't get small, living food, I get that. But we can easily get, for practically free, live white worms. Live worms have gut bacteria and for some reason, those stupid little worms that live in dirt have stomach bacteria that will let our fish keep their immunity. Why? I have no Idea as I don't speak worm, but trust me, I'm old and have been doing this longer than any living human being that is not to senile.
I found out about the worms in 1972, that was last century when fish were invented.
Fresh or frozen clams are also a fantastic food and should be a staple. They come in LRS food but I would still feed a few times a week live worms.

They also live five days in salt water. I don't know why.
I realize people don't believe me so i will set up a cot next to my tank and people can come here and sleep next to my tank to determine if there are any diseases. You can even come here with your sick fish and throw them in my tank just for kicks.
Try that with a quarantined tank. o_O

creativeballance

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am putting this on my thread because I realize most people don't read it and I am to old to argue.

Fish Health
I just don't get it and I know I never will. This hobby seems so simple but many of us, for some reason make it hard. I know I am in the vast minority but there is so much fish diseases on these forums that if I was a fish, I would make believe I croaked so I would be flushed and swim back to the sea. :cool:

"We" are making our fish sick. Not the LFS or the guy in the canoe who collected them. It is us.
The fish come to us in almost perfect condition with most of their immunity intact, then we insist on quarantining and God Forbid medicating them. That is how we are killing them.

I keep saying it and very few people listen so i am now saying it to myself and no one should listen. THE STOMACH BACTERIA OF A FISH TOTALLY 99% CONTROLS IT'S IMMUNE SYSTEM.
I can't see why that is such a hard concept. Copper kills stomach bacteria and parasites, "maybe" viruses but I am guessing. So we are soaking the fish, including it's internal organs in a poison that may not kill the fish outright but will kill it's immune system. Why does that make sense? A fish without it's immune system will get sick. ;Vomit

Look at almost any disease or quarantine thread. The fish starts off fine, then develops Uronoma. I don't even know what that is as my fish have never had it and I have been keeping fish since Eisenhower was President. He didn't keep fish but had a dog named Heidi.
Internal worms, another one. I have never had a fish with those either, or velvet. " In fifty years". Why not? Like Duh. It's because I don't quarantine or medicate, two things that cause these things.

OK maybe they don't "cause" them. Fish already have those diseases when we get them, but they are supposed to have them. It's what fish do. That is why they have an immune system.
Yes, if we keep a very new or sterile tank or feed nothing but flakes and pellets the fish will also become sick. I am not sure why people are surprised when their fish get sick if they don't feed them correctly. No "quality" pellets won't do it either.
(They won't hurt but the fish needs living bacteria and dry foods won't have it)

Forget parameters, parameters won't make your fish sick unless you are keeping them in lemonade with the wrong pH instead of seawater.
All we have to do, is keep a natural tank, with real hiding places like a fish would find in the sea. NOT PVC FITTINGS. Use those for plumbing or maybe pipefish. :p

A fishes immune system also depends on the fish feeling secure. If you can see the fish, it can see you and unless you are Angelina Jolie, the fish don't want to see you.
A fishes immune system also depends on the correct food. We can live on potato chips and beer, fish can't. Their immune system will not work with out the correct food ours will.

"Quality" flake food will not do it. Flakes are baked. Did you ever see a fish go out to get a loaf of baked bread?
In the sea they eat fresh, whole fish. Almost all fish eat fresh, whole fish, preferably live.
The live fish they eat has in their stomach everything that little prey fish ate. Parasites and all.
That prey fish also has a liver which is about 15% of it's weight and that liver is all oil. Fish need that.

We can't get small, living food, I get that. But we can easily get, for practically free, live white worms. Live worms have gut bacteria and for some reason, those stupid little worms that live in dirt have stomach bacteria that will let our fish keep their immunity. Why? I have no Idea as I don't speak worm, but trust me, I'm old and have been doing this longer than any living human being that is not to senile.
I found out about the worms in 1972, that was last century when fish were invented.
Fresh or frozen clams are also a fantastic food and should be a staple. They come in LRS food but I would still feed a few times a week live worms.

I realize people don't believe me so i will set up a cot next to my tank and people can come here and sleep next to my tank to determine if there are any diseases. You can even come here with your sick fish and throw them in my tank just for kicks.
So...do you make dinner for your cot-bound guests to enjoy? I'll bring a bottle of bourbon or two. One for the people and one for the fish.

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Fish Health

Umm... why have you waited this long to share if you've known this since the 70's? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So...do you make dinner for your cot-bound guests to enjoy? I'll bring a bottle of bourbon or two. One for the people and one for the fish.

Yes, and breakfast, but it may have some worms in it. Only for your health of course. ;Yuck

Umm... why have you waited this long to share if you've known this since the 70's? :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Brew my friend, you do remember I wrote a book 5 years ago don't you. :p

Tristren

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just found this by accident. It's about a small firefight in Viet Nam. I don't normally watch these clips but I saw that it was the same unit I was in, "The First Cav" and it was the same place I was at and the same time.
I am surprised they had a camera man there as I never saw one. None of these guys look familiar to me either.
This may be deleted as it is not about fish and a little graphic so if it is no good, delete it. But it was on CBS News so is public information.

Doesn't play here unfortunately. "The uploader has not made this video available in your country".

Did they get the unit wrong or what?

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have no idea, it plays here. I just found it on the web. It's on you tube:

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.3%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 21 18.3%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 26.1%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back