Tank birthday, 47+ years

dbowman5

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just made 5 quarts of "Jumping Juice" (my wife named it that)
It is in a pot but I don't cook it. It's a concoction I make for her that she drinks every day to control pain. I didn't invent it, that was Montel Williams who also had MS. I added some ingredients to it and it will burn your socks off. I don't really like it but my wife seems to.

If she forgets to take it she is in a lot of pain at night. I have been making it for a few years and it is mostly fresh beets, carrots, ginger, horseraddish, tart cherry juice and a lot of berries.
So it is all anti-inflamation

re-name.jpg
love is that smile you get doing unusual things to make that someone feel ? better? cherished? warmer? cooler? more the center. carry on, sir.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I met my wife when she was 12. We were at a wedding and I was going out with her 17 year old cousin. I was 18.

When I was in Viet Nam she wrote me almost every day and those letters were my life. We got married when she was 18. I was 24.
We have been best friends and married for 47 years and I love her more now than ever and she needs me more than ever.
47 years is a long time and we had a great life, only now it is challenging for both of us. But we take each day as we can.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am pretty sure I have found the smoking gun on almost all fish diseases including ich, velvet, etc and why fish in captivity sometimes don't eat including why my fish and fish in many tanks "never" get sick no matter what.
I am starting to write an article which may take me a few days as I want to make sure I get my research and facts correct.

For people who never believe me, they can keep watching shows like the Bachelor or Oprah in between posting on the disease forum. :rolleyes:

I didn't make this stuff up, I have been reading about it as it effects my own wife's MS condition but it is the same for fish.
It is also a simple thing to do. ;)

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I didn't make this stuff up, I have been reading about it as it effects my own wife's MS condition but it is the same for fish.
It is also a simple thing to do. ;)
You are going to make your wife start taking baths in copper???? :eek: :eek: :eek: ;Troll;Troll

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The article is almost finished. I will add a little to it tomorrow and check my facts then I will post it. :p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can never get a decent picture of this Hippo tang as I don't think he likes me and comes out if I back up a couple of feet so this is the best I can do right now. It is a lousy picture but I have that fish I think over a year and he has never eaten anything green, no algae, no seaweed ans no nori.
His skin looks like blue velvet and his eyes are clear.

Absolutely beautiful fish.
He also doesn't know that he is supposed to be an ich magnet and I am not telling him. :cool:
That 6 line wrasse to the left is also spawning.

1603558088394.png

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I made a gym for my wife and I got her this Palaties Reformer machine. She has trouble using the thing because her right leg doesn't move so she "forced" me to use it just now and I found out why they call it a "Reformer". It should be called a "Reinforcer".

It looks innocuous enough with all the pulleys, sliding seat and trampoline on one end and you watch the video of these skinny girls gliding back and forth on it with little effort. I watched the Geezer Video with this old guy but he has muscles like a 20 year old.
When I was 20 I also had some muscles, but not as many as this guy.

After 15 minutes I felt like I was hit by a Mack Truck and was pushed off a cliff only to be dropped back on top of the cliff by a bald eagle and the truck driver, while looking for me put it in reverse and ran me over again.

After the 27 operations I had on various bones, joints, ligaments and tendons and all the hardware including toggle bolts I have holding various parts \of me from falling off, this torture device is painful.

I am now going to take a bath in WD-40 and caster oil

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaaaa, We got to vote today on our eighth try. It was an hour and fifteen minutes in pouring cold rain. If it wasn't raining it would be a two hour wait. Unbelievable.

And after that long, wet wait, when I finally got my ballot to fill out, I carefully looked through it so I didn't vote for the wrong person. And I couldn't find Ross Perot anywhere on it. :oops:

Lowell Lemon

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yaaaa, We got to vote today on our eighth try. It was an hour and fifteen minutes in pouring cold rain. If it wasn't raining it would be a two hour wait. Unbelievable.

And after that long, wet wait, when I finally got my ballot to fill out, I carefully looked through it so I didn't vote for the wrong person. And I couldn't find Ross Perot anywhere on it. :oops:
Good to know so I don't waste time looking for Ross on my ballot! Yes I voted for him because of his tutorial about the national debt! That and his rescue of his employees from Iran! You have to love someone who has big ears to listen with and a brain to process the information....lol. Wish for better choices in the future but I digress. Be well everyone and hold your nose as you vote this year lol!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today I opened a box that I have not seen since I moved here almost three years ago. I found DVDs from many years ago and one of them was our Daughters graduation from high school.

My wife and I rented out the "New York Aquarium" in Brooklyn New York for the surprise party.

We surprised her by telling her we were going out to dinner (or something like that so she got dressed up) and then someone rang our door bell.

It was all of her friends and we had a full size bus also rented because the aquarium was almost an hour away.

They all got to the aquarium and many of our friends and family was also there.
We hired a DJ and catered it. It was a very nice affair and much cheaper than we thought it would be.

At that time in 1995 the aquarium only charged us about six bucks a person and they provided guards so the kids didn't go swimming in the tanks and they took out the garbage.

The bus was cheap and I don't remember what the DJ charged but it was a great party. Tee Dj was stationed in front of one of the huge tanks and I am surprised the aquarium let us do this as the fish must have gone nuts.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will try and list my current fish
1 copperband butterfly
1 Hippo Tang
2 spawning 6 line Wrasses
2 ruby red dragonettes
2 Possum Wrasses
2 Bangai Cardinals
2 Spawning Watchman Gobies
1 Sunburst Anthius
2 Spawning Fireclowns
2 Spawning Rainsford gobies.
2 by color bleenies
2 Stripped cardinals
1 Scooter Dragonette
2 (I think) Gecko Gobies
1 Janss Pipefish
1 Bluestripe pipefish
1 Purple something, I forget his name
1 Red something.
1 Perchlet
2 Hawkfish
2 green clown gobies, probably citron gobies.
1 black gobi looking thing.

I may have forgot one or two and if I look at the tank a while I am sure I will find more.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.4%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 44 83.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.2%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 4 7.5%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back