Tank birthday, 47+ years

BostonReefer300

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Paul B, seems like I always learn something useful every time I've read your thread over the years. One of my pink torch coral colonies (actually now two colonies since one big piece broke off and I put that at the other end of the tank from the original one a few months ago) has been mostly retracted for days. Couldn't figure it out because my other torches were doing fine, but the pinks were unhappy. I just turned my lights on early and, bingo, there's black sponge growing on both colonies. Once I finish my morning coffee, I'm going to expose both to air and then scrub them outside of the tank. Interesting that there's no sponge on the other torches.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sounds like time for a large angel to do the work to keep it in check for you Paul.
This stuff is pretty tough and I am not sure an angelfish or moorish Idol will eat it Maybe a green sea turtle.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steampunks are coming out well and I am running out of room. There was supposed to be a showing of my work in a gallery here but then Covid happened.

Workbench.jpg

Steam Punk dome.jpg

Banch top.jpg

Brew12

Electrical Gru
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steampunks are coming out well and I am running out of room. There was supposed to be a showing of my work in a gallery here but then Covid happened.

Workbench.jpg

Steam Punk dome.jpg

Banch top.jpg
Great looking stuff Paul! Too bad Steampunk is going out of style in 3 more weeks to be replaced by Modernfunk. Hopefully the transition will be easy for you! :p

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great looking stuff Paul! Too bad Steampunk is going out of style in 3 more weeks to be replaced by Modernfunk. Hopefully the transition will be easy for you! :p
All he has to do is put a few splotches of paint on there and one flashing led status light... BOOM! modernfunk

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Grand Son Teddy in the Chrysler Building. I have never seen that building so empty. I did a lot of work on it and worked there over a year. Really a beautiful iconic art deco building.

He's got his smoking jacket on.

Teddy.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My wife was a huge Barbie fan when she was a little kid in the 60s and has just about every original Barbie and all her outfits. Like hundreds. Hand bags, boots, shoes, ice skates, hats gloves etc in 5 large boxes.
She took them out for Greta to play with and she is going nuts. Unfortunately Ken looks to have had cancer and lost all his hair but Barbie still looks beautiful. Now they are going to Greta.

1623697677588.jpeg

1623697690430.jpeg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am working on getting the gauge needle to move but the computer programming necessary is above my pay scale. :)

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Mini air compressor and a bleed valve.
Many ways to do it, but still need programming to make it happen more then once. There is an Arduino processor in the thing which makes the sand timer flip in a minute, but I don't know how to program it to do two things. It can, I just don't have the computer knowledge.

jgirardnrg

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Many ways to do it, but still need programming to make it happen more then once. There is an Arduino processor in the thing which makes the sand timer flip in a minute, but I don't know how to program it to do two things. It can, I just don't have the computer knowledge.
I found this with a quick search. It slowly moves a servo 1 degree every 15ms. I'd assume you'd need to adjust the timing so it keeps pace with the hourglass and resets when that flips:

void loop()
{
// do not add any commands here. Add everyting to my_loop since that will get called with with delay and not hualt the processing
my_loop();
}

// whatever code should go in the main loop() should go there. This is called by Blynk_Delay so the delay call does not hault thread processing
void my_loop()
{
ArduinoOTA.handle();
Blynk.run();
timer.run();
}

// this delay will not hold up the thread
void Blynk_Delay(int milli) {
int end_time = millis() + milli;
while(millis() < end_time){
my_loop(); //keep processing the loop functions
yield();
}
}

void moveServo()
{
Serial.println("trying to move servo");
for (point of sale = 20; point of sale <= 160; point of sale += 1) { // goes from 0 degrees to 180 degrees
// in steps of 1 degree
myservo.write(point of sale); // tell servo to go to position in variable 'point of sale'
Blynk_Delay(15); // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position
}
for (point of sale = 160; point of sale >= 20; point of sale -= 1) { // goes from 180 degrees to 0 degrees
myservo.write(point of sale); // tell servo to go to position in variable 'point of sale'
Blynk_Delay(15); // waits 15ms for the servo to reach the position
}

}

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, the problem is I already have a timer flipping program in the thing so I have to program another function into the thing and so far I am having trouble with that.

I wanted to use a second servo to move the carburetor linkages back and forth. A little out of my scope of knowledge right now.

Back