Tank birthday, 47+ years

Jekyl

GSP is the devil and clowns are bad pets
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Daughter is much better, Thank you. She still has to quarantine and her fever is almost gone. Some of her taste came back but she can't smell anything, which is weird.

She can go out after 10 more days of quarantine if she tests negative.
Excellent to hear. I'm sure a relief for you and your wife..

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I finally got the receipt for the Book profits that went to the MS society for research. Now all I need to do is figure out how to post it here.

Attachments

• Paul Baldassano_Tax Receipt Letter.pdf
    226.9 KB · Views: 277

RedReefer

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
My business deals with bank owned foreclosures. Houses that haven't had power for years some times. Floods, roof leaks, infestation, and more mold varieties than you can imagine. Neighbors are always amazed when me and my guys aren't wearing masks while we work on them. The only time we do is when demo of drywall is being done. However none of us ever get sick. I always joke that the bacteria I get from Detroit will kill everything else.
Preservation? Same here.

WVNed

The fish are staring at me with hungry eyes.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
PaulMS-XL.jpg

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a fish for you @Paul B
I bought this blue Assessor Friday. I know it had been in the LFS a number of weeks and the kind of fish people walk past without a second look. It settled in almost immediately with little sign of any aggression towards it.

Unlike the yellow Assessor it isn't secretive at all and spends most of it's time out in mid water not hiding much at all. They aren't exactly common here in the UK but we do get them from time to time. Now I want a second as I usually do when I buy fish.

On Thrusday I was in my fav LFS and the had a pair of flame firefish which I know you like. Took a photo of them as well but never bought them.
20210918_175339.jpg

20210916_144746.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, I actually have one of those Blue assessors. I have had it about a year but mine looks almost black so maybe it's something else. But looks exactly like that one.

IMG_4801.JPG

atoll

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Atoll, I actually have one of those Blue assessors. I have had it about a year but mine looks almost black so maybe it's something else. But looks exactly like that one.

IMG_4801.JPG
Yeah the look more black but now and again under my LEDs you can see deep blue in it.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice fish and he stays near the front. Easy to care for, eats everything, doesn't bother anything and so far, hasn't jumped out. :cool:

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This weekend a gallery here will feature my work. About 8 of my Steampunk Mechanical pieces and they are having a "meet the artist" thing.

I am hoping Christie Brinkley and some of her friends come by as she lives near here.

(as does Billy Joel, Seinfeld, and many others. ) :p
So hopefully they like "Art"

Angler Sculpture back.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I was, but I doubt I was the first to do that. I know Lee Chin Eng and Robert Strsaughn were the original Pioneers and I think they may have spawned some fish in the 50s.

GeoSquid

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
WE have those here too. And you don't need a wet suit to go in them. :p

But it gets a little cool in the winter. ;Nailbiting

AAAHHHH...That's cold! Too cold. I've been surfing since I was a little kid and Ca has the best in the US. I'm old now, so I'm fine with small surf - ha. I hear you get some good surf occasionally out your way though.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes we do. Long Island where I live has probably close to 100 miles of beach that you could potentially surf on, especially on eastern Long Islands south Atlantic shore which is that picture I posted above.

I have been to California a few times and watched them surf with wet suits on.

Our water here now is in the high 70s so we lay in it all day. :D

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I collected a lot of water and diatom filters most of it. I didn't want to filter all of it because I want the bacteria and potential parasites.

You can see the filtered water is on the bottom of the picture. The unfiltered water won't harm my tank and is beneficial, it just looks a little yellow because I take it from the surf like 4" deep.
IMG_4806.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My "artwork" will be featured this week at a gallery here on Long Island. I will be one of 8 "artists" there. I would like to sell at least one of my pieces because I need the room to make more "stuff".

I am changing my style now and want to do other types of things. :p

Gallery.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am still going steampunk but more art than machinery. More like that fish above.
I also want to make some Steampunk insects like dragonflies, mosquitoes, turtles and maybe frogs. I am not sure yet what my PTSD will make me design. :rolleyes:

I guess I will still make a few lamps because I have the parts. :)

This afternoon I had to bring my wife to a Dr. so I went to my favorite LFS. I bought about 7 small fish. A cardinal, sunburst anthius, citron gobi, 2 ruby red dragonettes and a bubble gum gobi. Which I never saw before so I had to have her.

The gobi was very beat up and an algae bleeny was in the process of tearing off her dorsal fin. The poor thing couldn't get away so I took a net and caught her.

I couldn't put her right in my tank because some of her fins were missing and some skin. I don't know if she will last the night so I have her in a separate container in pure NSW. I also put a couple of live whiteworms in with her.

If she lives through the night I think she will be fine. But it doesn't look good.
The cardinal also don't look to good but it is in my tank and I will hope for the best. These fish were five bucks but I didn't want them to stay in the store.

I also got a frogspawn coral about 5" across.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Unfortunately that little Bumblebee gobi didn't make the night. But at least he died in peace next to a pirate ship bubbler that my Grand Son gave me. I added it to his small container for him to hide in, which he did. :)

Now I need another one, but I doubt I will ever see another one.

The cardinal is fine and I also saw the ruby reds this morning. :)

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back