OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks, right now I am building something for my workbench. I took everything off of it and re painted the top like I do every year. I have a scroll saw and a table belt sander that normally sits on the far end of the bench but they take up to much room so I am building a "device" that will allow them to sit up under the bench when not in use and fold up and out when I use them. I only use them maybe once week so I don't want them taking up valuable work space when I am not using them.

I love my bench when it is clean like this but it won't stay like this very long. As soon as the paint is fully dry I will replace everything.

The thing in the foreground is a miniature drill press for tiny work. I also have a huge one that I can't lift any more. :oops:

IMG_4848.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I got a big tub of frozen clams, about a pint so my copperband is happy again because I am not happy with any commercial food any more as most of it is either to big or to small.

The clams I just scrape out tissue thin slices so my copperband thinks he died and went to fish heaven with an Angelfish.

Of course the rest of the fish are also happy but the copperband eats most of it before they even know whats going on.

I got a supply of the frozen, shucked clams right near my house. They sell them for bait. A pint is about seven bucks and will last me a year. :p

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My workbench is always to full of "things" that I am working on and this table sander was taking up valuable room on the bench so I built this "bracket" which allows the tool to fold up under the bench, out of sight when it is not needed.

Sander on bench.jpg

James_O

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good Morning. Today is my 48th wedding anniversary. All with the same Woman. :)

Her old girlfriends came over 2 days ago and they went to a hotel and are partying. I will pick some of them up today to bring them back. Hopefully, I won't have to sober them up. :cool:
Happy anniversary Paul!

trainbob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice job on the table sander’s swinging bench. What kind of hinges did you use

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I had some big 4 1/2" stainless steel hinges left over from something so I used those.

There is a rigid pipe that slides out of the front of the bench to keep the thing up and stable. The same pipe slid the other way locks it all the way under the bench.

fishybizzness

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I had some big 4 1/2" stainless steel hinges left over from something so I used those.

There is a rigid pipe that slides out of the front of the bench to keep the thing up and stable. The same pipe slid the other way locks it all the way under the bench.
Hi Paul! Great idea. Could you do a video of how it works? That would be great on my work bench!

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I went into my favorite but filthy LFS. Due to the fact that no one wants to work any more and they cancelled over 400 airline flights he didn't have hardly anything in the store.

I did get another green clown gobi (I forget their name but I think I have 4 of them) Anyway I went in the back where nothing is lit and I never know whats back there because it usually ain't much but rarely I find something overlooked in one of the almost empty tanks that I have never seen before.

There was a small tank and it said "Coral Frags" $12.99.

I expected to see tiny half inch corals which I have no interest in but there were about 8 corals in there about 5" tall. Mostly acropora.
I just saw these same size corals in another store a few miles away for $100.00 each.

The owner wasn't there so I asked the guy if that was for real of a mistake?

He said he didn't know but if I want them for that price, I could have them. I got two of them. Unbelievable price. I didn't need those corals and really have no room for them, but they are in my tank now. They are not on those silly cement plugs either. They are all growing on good sized rocks.
thumbnail.jpg

coral.jpg

Eagle_Steve

Grandpa of Cronies
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday I went into my favorite but filthy LFS. Due to the fact that no one wants to work any more and they cancelled over 400 airline flights he didn't have hardly anything in the store.

I did get another green clown gobi (I forget their name but I think I have 4 of them) Anyway I went in the back where nothing is lit and I never know whats back there because it usually ain't much but rarely I find something overlooked in one of the almost empty tanks that I have never seen before.

There was a small tank and it said "Coral Frags" $12.99.

I expected to see tiny half inch corals which I have no interest in but there were about 8 corals in there about 5" tall. Mostly acropora.
I just saw these same size corals in another store a few miles away for $100.00 each.

The owner wasn't there so I asked the guy if that was for real of a mistake?

He said he didn't know but if I want them for that price, I could have them. I got two of them. Unbelievable price. I didn't need those corals and really have no room for them, but they are in my tank now. They are not on those silly cement plugs either. They are all growing on good sized rocks.
thumbnail.jpg

coral.jpg
Those look like they have a ton of potential to be very pretty. Hope they do well for ya.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to cut a bunch of sponge away to make a place for them. Right now my old fireclown keeps throwing them on the gravel no matter where I place them. :(

Hi Paul! Great idea. Could you do a video of how it works? That would be great on my work bench!
I may do that.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we took a ferry with some friends to Connecticut to go to some interesting places.
On the way this submarine sailed next to us.

I think they were going out to collect some NSW.

submarine.JPG

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Now I did it. I have way to many fish. My wife goes to a Doctor near my favorite LFS and I went in there too many times right after he got in fish and his fish are so cheap, I just can't help it.

Gobi.JPG

I think I have 5 or 6 of these guys. For five bucks I can't pass them by.

In the last few weeks I got those, a filefish, female mandarin, some kind of cardinal, long nose butterfly, sunburst anthius, a few corals, some kind of bleeny, a couple of ruby red dragonettes, and I am sure I forgot 3 or 4 of them.

Way to many fish now.

Purple fish.jpg

Green filefish.jpg

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have way to many fish and I am going to try to name the ones I know

2 Fireclowns
2 different filefish
Drab filefish.jpg

About 5 of these guys
Gobi.JPG

1 of these.
Purple fish.jpg

Janss Pipefish.
1 bluestripe pipe,
1 dragon pipe
1 Hippo Tang
1 Copperband
1 Long Nose butterfly
a few Cardinals of different types
2 Mandarins
2 Ruby Red dragonettes
2 6 Line wrasses
2 Randalls Gobies
2 Watchman Gobi's
2 Sunburst Anthius
1 Some kind of black thing
1 Bangai Cardinal
1 Hawkfish
possibly one or two Gecko Gobies.
2 or 3 Bleenies.

So about 33 fish in my 125 gallon. Most of my fish are small so it may not be to many and I am sure I forgot some.

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My workbench is always to full of "things" that I am working on and this table sander was taking up valuable room on the bench so I built this "bracket" which allows the tool to fold up under the bench, out of sight when it is not needed.

Sander on bench.jpg

That poster looks about as old as your tank.

OP
OP
Paul B

Paul B

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it is a lot younger. That poster is like the date on it says 1986. Thats probably when I got it.
That girl is probably a Grand Mother now.

But I bet she is a beautiful Grand Mother. :)

It's an advertisement for a Makita Jig Saw.

Since it's in "my" workshop/mancave and I am way older than PC, I can and will keep it there. My wife also likes it. ;)

I also have pictures of my wife there but my Photo sharing service isn't working now so I can't access them.

mike89t

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No, it is a lot younger. That poster is like the date on it says 1986. Thats probably when I got it.
That girl is probably a Grand Mother now.

But I bet she is a beautiful Grand Mother. :)

It's an advertisement for a Makita Jig Saw.

Since it's in "my" workshop/mancave and I am way older than PC, I can and will keep it there. My wife also likes it. ;)

I also have pictures of my wife there but my Photo sharing service isn't working now so I can't access them.

I was just a kid in the 80s but remember those days well. Just googled it and you can get old prints made. :

That original poster may be worth something now.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yesterday we took a ferry with some friends to Connecticut to go to some interesting places.
On the way this submarine sailed next to us.

I think they were going out to collect some NSW.

submarine.JPG
Now that sub can't be going out to get nsw as it forgot its buckets at end of crane so I added some so looks more realistic ^_^

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211022-200224_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20211022-200224_Chrome.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 32
Back