Tank Brands Identical To Waterbox and Red Sea That Have Tops

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Two years ago I purchased a Biocube, which has a cover/top. About a year in, I took the top off. I Iove the top off but I love the lack of quick evaporation more when the top is on.

I’m now on the hunt for a new tank somewhere between 50-70 gallons. After research, I love the quality, design, price-point and features offered by Waterbox and Red Sea. Is there a brand that is almost identical to these two but has tanks that come with tops?

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want an AIO like your biocube and are okay with acrylic, this is an option:

https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/products/tenecor®-60-gallon-simplicity™-aio-acrylic-aquarium-36x24x16

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There are also companies that make lids for systems like waterbox, here’s an example:

You can also look for sellers on eBay or Etsy that custom cut acrylic.

Last edited:
OP
OP
mistergray

mistergray

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you want an AIO like your biocube and are okay with acrylic, this is an option:

https://www.tenecoraquariums.com/products/tenecor®-60-gallon-simplicity™-aio-acrylic-aquarium-36x24x16
I was hoping to move away from AIO and go with a sump below the cabinet. But thanks for sharing, in case I change my mind. My mind changes every new Google search.

Rtaylor

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I was hoping to move away from AIO and go with a sump below the cabinet. But thanks for sharing, in case I change my mind. My mind changes every new Google search.
Tenecor also has reef ready aquariums and I’m certain you could add lids, you might need to contact them for the added cost.
@Tenecor Aquariums

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
there are a lot of good tank companies but idk any that have a top anymore. If you have a sump you can easily put in an ato (auto top off) for evaporation issues

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 35 34.3%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 21 20.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.8%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 28 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back