Tank Cycled?

Premium

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys. Quick question about about cycling process. I'm using MicroBacter Start on day 6. All week amonia was 0 until yesterday when it showed .25 (I think) using Salifert test kit and colors are very Subtle. Nitrite was 2 and Nitrate 0 using Hanna. Today both Nitrite and Amonia 0 and Nitrate 0.03. Was expecting a more dramatic rise in amonia and Nitrite. Is cycle complete? Microbacter instructions say 1 week but also say if using sand pre seeded with bacteria could take longer. I'm using Caribsea Arag-Live Fiji pink. It all seemed so straight forward in the beginning lol

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey Guys. Quick question about about cycling process. I'm using MicroBacter Start on day 6. All week amonia was 0 until yesterday when it showed .25 (I think) using Salifert test kit and colors are very Subtle. Nitrite was 2 and Nitrate 0 using Hanna. Today both Nitrite and Amonia 0 and Nitrate 0.03. Was expecting a more dramatic rise in amonia and Nitrite. Is cycle complete? Microbacter instructions say 1 week but also say if using sand pre seeded with bacteria could take longer. I'm using Caribsea Arag-Live Fiji pink. It all seemed so straight forward in the beginning lol
You added bacteria but what ammonia source did you use? Fish food (ghost feeding)? Bottled ammonia? Something else? There needs to be something for the bacteria to process and feed on...

EeyoreIsMySpiritAnimal

Just another girl who likes fish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You added bacteria but what ammonia source did you use? Fish food (ghost feeding)? Bottled ammonia? Something else? There needs to be something for the bacteria to process and feed on...
If you have never had an ammonia reading above .25, I would suggest the cycle is just starting...

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 102 86.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 5 4.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.5%
Back