Tank decorations: What are your tips for decorating your tank at Christmas and all year long?

What are your tips for decorating your tank at Christmas and all year long?

• My corals are my decorations

Votes: 199 84.0%
  • I decorate my tank, but only on the outside

Votes: 16 6.8%
  • I may add one or two in-tank Christmas decorations or add festive lighting

Votes: 7 3.0%
  • Everything gets decorated at Christmas!

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 10 4.2%

• Total voters

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Tank decorations: What are your tips for decorating your tank at Christmas and all year long?

Do you decorate for Christmas in October or are you the person that leaves the lights and ornaments up until February? Maybe both? If you are someone who decorates, especially if you like to decorate, we want to hear your tips!!! Do you decorate your tank for Christmas? Have you ever tried a holiday theme with your tank? Does your decorating end on the outside of the tank or have you ever added reef safe decorations into your tank? Maybe you are someone who adds decorations to your tank all year long. Let’s talk decorating…

Newnoclue_TankDecorations.jpeg

Photo by @New&no clue

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I love seeing the creativity of reefers when it comes to decorating their tanks for the Christmas season. That being said I have never done it, never really thought of doing it. It's cool though and I hope to see some photos of decorated tanks here! :D

Fishfreak2009

Follow Your Passions!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm all for natural beauty. Why spoil it with cheapo decorations that slowly leach paint into the water? Or block the view of the fish/coral with window clings?

Heck, I grew up in a house with 19 christmas trees. My parents collect handblown and painted polish Christmas ornaments, and I don't even have a tree at my house. We have a tank sitting in every place we'd put up a tree, and between the coonhounds who bring you ornaments off the tree to play fetch, the parrot who flies to the top of the tree to avoid going back to his cage, the cat who loves to climb the tree, and the other cat who chews on the fake tree and then throws it up in the hallway for me to step on in the morning, it just doesn't make sense for us to put one up.

The_Skrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The only decorations I have are a cyphastrea covered skull and a Viking hat for my urchin to wear. Even then I worry about how the plastic material is affecting my water chemistry. That said, this thread just made me realize my urchin needs a Santa hat for the season.

Sharkbait19

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
image.jpg

I’m also a bit of a Disney fan…does it show?

I like for the inside to be as “natural” as possible (knowing that most of these colors do not exist in nature and these species don’t interact), but the outside is fair game.
The tree did have to be moved when I set up the tank here though lol

vlangel

Seahorse whisperer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Shoot, I barely decorate my house for x-mas.
Ha ha, this me as well. I would rather spend my time doing tank maintenance rather than putting up decorations that 3-4 weeks later I am going to have to take down again. Just call me reefer scrooge!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 36 31.0%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 24.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 22 19.0%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back