**TANK EMERGENCY** Please help ID this!

Manda0597

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
When I left for work at 5pm there was zero white spots on any fish. My boyfriend just got home and sent me this. Can ich cover a fish that quickly? The scopas tang is covered and the trigger is starting to get it as well over most of his body. I have dealt with Ich before but it started gradually. I also have 2 dwarf lions in the tank so I know there are certain things i cannot dose the tank with. Please help! Water parameters are good other than nitrates at 10

Attachments

• Fish.mp4
    17.5 MB

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
hi video ,not working for me,please post pics,lets call some expert help, @Jay Hemdal #reef squad

fishguy242

Cronies..... INSERT BUILD THREAD BADGE HERE !!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
copper will kill inverts,not sure if and what levels ,lions can handle,know this is important,please wait for expert advice,they will come soon :)

lion king

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not use copper with lions in the tank, if they even survive the treatment, they will die shortly afterwards. I wouldn't use any of these ick remedies recommended with lions in the tank. The best course of action would be to remove the lions before any treatment. Lions in optimum health usually are not effected by protozoan type diseases.

OP
OP
Manda0597

Manda0597

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
You should not use copper with lions in the tank, if they even survive the treatment, they will die shortly afterwards. I wouldn't use any of these ick remedies recommended with lions in the tank. The best course of action would be to remove the lions before any treatment. Lions in optimum health usually are not effected by protozoan type diseases.
I thought I remembered reading that in one of your posts. I will remove them and place them in my qt. Thank you

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 34 43.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 19 24.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 24 30.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 2.5%
Back