Tank finished cycle, fish in quarantine. What to do in the meantime?

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ps I don’t blame you I blame Dr. Tim’s marketing team

shakacuz

hang loose, cuz
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Nice! Hows it going? Reef tank or fish only.
reef. mainly zoa/SPS with a few LPS. been running since 2/26/21. picture is as of sunday 1/16/22
6D9678F1-7F2D-42F6-8672-C49A942403E0.jpeg

Spare time

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A cycle cannot be starved even if you stopped feeding for 4 years fallow. The catch is the tank needs to be open topped vs sealed

Starved cycles are completely false science. The more wait, the more bacteria from contaminants and feed sources in your home, even if you add nothing. Water doesn’t get sterile over time, it gets increasingly contaminated into a mini biome that catches food on its own.

courtesy: new cycling science.

go get some clear packing tape a strip two feet long. Bounce the sticky side up and down/ light sticks and pull up on top of your fan blades in the home, on the tops

then go do it to baseboards

go hold that tape up to the light, look at the funk, the gnat wings

theres your carbon and bacterial rafts, the main bacterial sourcing is the fact you didn’t pre boil any water used in topoff or make. The tape trick is the feed. Cycles cannot starve.

I am not sure
A cycle cannot be starved even if you stopped feeding for 4 years fallow. The catch is the tank needs to be open topped vs sealed

Starved cycles are completely false science. The more wait, the more bacteria from contaminants and feed sources in your home, even if you add nothing. Water doesn’t get sterile over time, it gets increasingly contaminated into a mini biome that catches food on its own.

courtesy: new cycling science.

go get some clear packing tape a strip two feet long. Bounce the sticky side up and down/ light sticks and pull up on top of your fan blades in the home, on the tops

then go do it to baseboards

go hold that tape up to the light, look at the funk, the gnat wings

theres your carbon and bacterial rafts, the main bacterial sourcing is the fact you didn’t pre boil any water used in topoff or make. The tape trick is the feed. Cycles cannot starve.

Who has had a 4 year fallow tank to demonstrate that lol

Sean Clark

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Time to wait... Wait until that QT is successfully completed...
Rue GIF by euphoria

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Spare time it’s not a concern if you doubt even after I gave a specific look up location for an unfed undosed upcycle

heck I wouldnt want you posting doubt there anyway, it wrecks legitimate work examples we build so genuinely curious aquarists can find proofs they need. Sideliners only post doubt, for the purpose of creating doubt, it’s not a legitimate form of inquiry—if I asked you for a link proof that it doesn’t work the way i said you wouldnt post any directive in support.

he pumped organics into the reef above to get it ready, those slicks become insulating houses for cycling bacteria and feed is trapped by the minute as incoming microfloc from the household, in the prior post there were listed ways you could run a test and visually see those sources using common packing tape

Doubters never have to provide support, sidelining is easy.

Last edited:

brandon429

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Post #188 is a review of a three year fallow example, with instant pass from api ammonia verification.

they’re rare, but I collect them as they pop up. And when I’m relaying the info without links, it’s a sure bet I am not lying. Reef cycles cannot starve.

*disclaimer alert lol
not lying doesn't mean I'm right or drawing correct inferences from a specific work thread, it just means an honorable relay of info was attempted, perhaps someone else sees the example and has a different or opposite takeaway, that cycles can be starved. When debating such calls I like to see example threads where possible just like folks want to see mine/fair game.

Last edited:
Back