Tank from across the world - 60g DT

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello everyone,
I wanted to give you guys a budget tank build from Turkey and this is going to be my first saltwater tank
i am sorry for any grammar error or misused words because different language please feel free to correct me.
we are using centimeter and liter here so i am going to try convert them US Gallon and Inch measurement will be close enough.
Going to add pics and explanations when i progress more
now let's get started

i am planning to use these equipment for start and most likely gonna replace some on the road when i have more fund for tank

Protein Skimmer : Bubble Magus C5 (this one going to update when i have fund most likely Nyos Quantum 160 but not decided yet)
Return Pump : Newa Jet 6000
Powerhead : HSBAO EW-38
ATO : Twins (local made) if i see any problem about i will upgrade to AutoAqua Smart Ato Duo Sato-280P
Light : Aqua Reef Led Pro3 (local made) i don't think they are selling this one out of Turkey so adding bit detail down there

Details of light :
8 pcs CREE XP-G3 8300K Cool White Led (S2 Series)
16 pcs CREE XP-G3 445nm Royal Blue
8 pcs CREE XT-E 5000K Daylight White
8 pcs CREE XP-E2 470nm Blue
4 pcs CREE XP-E2 530nm Green
4 pcs CREE XP-E 660nm Deep Red
4 pcs Semileds 420nm UV Indigo
4 pcs Semileds 410nm UV

Total Power: 195W

Technical specifications

• 56 Powerful Power LEDs
• 7 Channel, 8 Color Control Feature
• High PAR with superb color combination
• Full spectrum + UV
• 80 Degree 28 in 1 TIR Lens
• 90cm x 60cm x 60cm Net Lighting Area
• Modular Structure
• 4000: 1 Color adjustment for each channel
• Day Simulation, Effects
• Telescopic legs and Hanging Kit included in the box,
• Control via Android, IOS and PC

Custom Made DT: 90cm*50cm*50cm(Approx 35"*20"*20") 225 Liter (approx 60g)
fts1.jpeg

Custom Made Sump : 90cm*45cm*40cm(approx 35"*17"*15" ) 162 Liter (approx 42g)
sump1.jpeg

Overflow :

overflow2.jpeg

now first when tank delivered everything was looking good but when i start plumbing i see some error about overflow holes in tank ant output of overflow was not match exactly so i have to put some cross pipe and will see is everything fine or not when test run. we have pipes here using for aquarium but they are really overpriced so going with normal pipes without any metal parts

this is the cross plumbing i talk about:

borucross2.jpeg

Sump area i was short one pipe so gonna get some more and add with attachment part

boru1.jpeg

Now that part of main flow pipe is little short gonna get fix today hopefully

boru2.jpeg

Output sorry for fuzzy picture.
boru3.jpeg
borucross.jpeg

Attachments

• tank vid.mp4
    4.3 MB
OP
OP
Aldemirgen

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for not post recently! i was really overwhelmed because when i do water test i found floor is have some angle so DT with water have issue and because of that emergency overflow pipe always siphoning water so for fix i had to empty DT and put some support under the tank it kinda worked but i still not satisfied with it so call the company making furniture and tank and they said they will come and take a look but they are not around like 2 weeks but not really hurrying because my light is still not arrived...
oh and PowerHead HSBAO EW38 was really big for tank so had to change for 2 Jebao RW4 and will see what they are gonna look like i put some rock work but have to add some more and after that i will take pictures.

hopefully my light gonna deliver tomorrow and they come for fixing tank too finger crossed i am really trying to be calm but its like 2 month already and i still couldn't start the cycle :(

OP
OP
Aldemirgen

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
ah today finally floor fixed and fill my DT again so water level is good now and i was talked about i dont have place for eletronics,for future dosage pump etc. so my friend build me a storage next to DT so i can put my stuff in

WhatsApp Image 2019-11-15 at 12.29.26.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-11-15 at 13.06.28.jpeg WhatsApp Image 2019-11-15 at 13.32.08.jpeg

OP
OP
Aldemirgen

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right i wasn't have lights but system was working almost 20 day without light and cycled without light we were used AF Life Source, AF Pro Bio S , AF NP Pro when put the water they check all parameters and look good but without light i didn't get thru ugly phase so didn't add anything (except Conch because my friend have tons of them and thought i already start tank and ready for CUC and bring me some when visiting) in case so will run systems with light like 10-15 day more and check parameters again if everything good i will slowly start for bio load finally i am going to start nice part of hobby

oh and i like my rock design for now if someone have any idea i can try to fix.

8.jpeg
1.jpeg
4.jpeg
5.jpeg
9.jpeg
3.jpeg 6.jpeg 7.jpeg

OP
OP
Aldemirgen

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well..story time and this story is a not good one for me :( yesterday was wife's birthday and we were having guests over lot of small children around and one of them decide feed fishes with some long wooden toy and he cant reach the top he hit it with DT when i see whats going to happen start to run for hold the boy but i couldn't make in time and DT is first cracked than exploded. After shock and panic, take kids out of sight i try to catch fishes and corals and put them the sump. i could save my fishes but most of the corals was smashed under rocks or look like they have some glass damage.
so today i take everything i have as a livestock and give them LFS for care until i get to fix a new DT.

Well as a Silver line of the story i was really start to didn't like Durso part in DT was taking so much space when ordering new custom DT i will go with thin overflow system so good part of bad story :)

OP
OP
Aldemirgen

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well good news i ordered new Custom DT with same measure only diffrence is going to be thin overflow and when i start i decided to go with Roller filter instead of socks so have to remove sump Sock holders etc.

only one we have here is Bubble Magus one but instead of this one i choose local one and their office 10min away from my home if i have some problem it will be better for me

ZeoChem Filter Roller 15
13-1600x1206.jpeg

OP
OP
Aldemirgen

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My Custom tank maker sent me some photo of new custom tank i am going to have this one have a thin overflow it is just like 2cm at bottom of tank and overflow is around 3cm now i am going to wait for black plexiglass cut for back wall so overflow is completely invisible. when i go visit him probably gonna get some more detailed photos. oh i forgot to mention my Sump is going to change to because i want to get roller filter and reactor so decided to remove filter sock wall and put PS,Media Reactor and roller same place. i am excited to get new one.

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 14.25.07.jpeg

WhatsApp Image 2019-12-26 at 14.25.09.jpeg

I really want to have refrigium from some point but Tank maker and my LFS said my sump is small so refrigium is no go
if anyone have any idea about hang on refrigium or some idea feel free to give me your two cents

OP
OP
Aldemirgen

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow I think that's a big fear for all of us with small kids around our tanks. Luckily no one was hurt and great to hear you so positive about it :)
Good luck!!
Thank you! yes i was so frustrated at first but no one get hurt (except my poor corals) and i can't do anything about so being positive is a plus for me and i have to get my dream tank just a bit smaller. ;)

OP
OP
Aldemirgen

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Right i am sooo excited about that because i change almost everything about tank. i visit my LFS today my Custom tank delivered to them and they are working about fit new equipment and plumbing.That new thin overflow system is really look awesome cant wait to see when working. i am going to add some pictures i took poorly and adding LFS video about tank if you guys curious about something just shoot i will try to explain :) oh and changed rock design too but i will give final decision when i put rocks in. The only missing part is black plexiglass for hiding full background overflow when it is done they will deliver tank to me.

Thin Overflow Pics :
1.jpeg

2.jpeg

4.jpeg

6.jpeg

Overflow Have 2 down 1 emergency 1 return

Return
return.jpeg

New planed rock Design :
kaya dizayn2.jpeg
kaya dizayn3.jpeg
kaya dizayn1.jpeg

Full Sump:
7.jpeg

LFS Video About Tank:

CasaReefer

Promoted To Sponge
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi Sorry I am late to your party.. Welcome to R2R..... Glad things are going better now... Can't wait to see you get some water in there... And I really like your Rock Scape... Looks Awesome.... Good Luck.... :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back