Tank has Ich

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
After doing so much to prevent ich, my tank is now infected. After adding the borbonius which i thought was ich free after qt, somehow the tank is now infected. The borbonius caused a imbalanced, the two wrasses begin to fight and the squareback is chasing the borbonius. After 3 days, the sailfin wrasse, checkerboard wrasses, borbonius and the large squareback anthias has ich. I was able to catch the borbonius and sent to QT. Unable to catch the wrasses and the squareback.

Fish are still very aggressively feeding. The borbonius is as active as ever feeding in QT.
Big issue is I ordered fish before the ich outbreak and now I have inbound fish. I already received a majestic angel and it is currently in QT with the borbonius. I still have an asfur angel inbound.

I have another tank I plan to setup next month which I am considering doing right now.

current livestock in main display:
copperband butterfly
4x firefish
checker board wrasse
sailfin wrasse
gold nugget wrasse
scopas tang
designer clown
diamond goby
2x squareback anthias
black cap basslett
2x cleaner shrimp
2x pistol shrimp
sps and lps

Should i:

- take out all fish and let tank go fallow for 45days. QT fish in a 100g trough with copper.
- treat the tank with polylab Medic
- leave tank as it is. Keep water pristine and hope fish will survive the outbreak.

opionions please

Thanks
Is this a reef tank or fish only?
There are a couple of options once I know about your setup

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
hmmmm, never used this before. I know it says its reef safe, but I assume you have used it before without and side effects on your reef? any special treatment plan you recommend other than what the instruction says?
I’ve used it with high success

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.6%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.5%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 25 19.4%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 33 25.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back