OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hmm.. totally spitballing.. could the skimmer helped with evaporative cooling and now that it is offline no more cooling assistance. Could turn down heater thermostats.

Yes! It did help with that I would say, as the sump levels were regulated with the skimmer!

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The return pump doesn't to be working... the water line in the dp is a little lower than normal. The skimmer has been off aswell as this has not been the only time it's been giving me problems aside from the venturi not being flush

MnFish1

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The return pump doesn't to be working... the water line in the dp is a little lower than normal. The skimmer has been off aswell as this has not been the only time it's been giving me problems aside from the venturi not being flush

I am not sure how there can be a 'question' as to whether the return pump is working - is there water coming out of the pipe in the return to the tank? If there is its working - if not as much is something clogging the return entry? Seems like you should solve that problem rather quickly.

As someone else said - the fact that there is not water in the skimmer means there is more water in the sump.

afuel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If your return pump isn’t moving water properly it probably is pulling more amps than normal generating more heat

OP
OP
P

PegasisR

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will definitely clean it out as soon as I get back home since I was planning to do that :) but as it stands right now the tank is running sort of normally aside from the skimmer being off currently :) thank you for the help guys!

Probably gonna change it out for a BK

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
My temperature has climbed as the days are longer and house has gotten warmer. I am decreasing heater temperature a little this weekend

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 99 88.4%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back