Tank is CYCLED!!! Where to purchase quarantined marine fish?!?!

MSarro27

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone’s input on where to purchase quality quarantined marine fish. Don’t have room for QT tank. Looking to purchase CUC, clowns, watchman goby, fire shrimp, & royal gramma. Thank you!

1. Live Aquaria Divers Den
2. TSM Aquatics
3. drreefsquarantinedfish
4. aquarium creations online
5. Vivid Aquariums
6. Other suggestions???

Reef.

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not much help but someone may know...I watched Ryan’s build from BRS and he was raving about a supplier he uses that quarantine fish, he did say they are much more expensive though, can’t remember the name.

Upvote 0

jtlmnop

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TSM is great. I received my first clowns from them, great packaging and happy healthy fish. I have a Firefish on order, along with some CUC additions and a Duncan. But the fish is currently in qt, and won’t ship for another 3-4 weeks. Also, I hear great things about Dr Reef.

Upvote 1

artieg1

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a good faith recommendation that you consider any fish, from any source, to be compromised, and QT accordingly. There is so much heartache involved in a wipeout. Speaking from experience. "Trust" means watching the fish, in your own QT, for the entirety of whatever QT protocol you choose. And yes, you've got room for a 10 gallon QT (looks like you are choosing smaller fish, and you can do one at a time in a 10 gallon). In any event, my other advice is to make additions VERY slowly.

Upvote 0

Tamberav

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everyone’s input on where to purchase quality quarantined marine fish. Don’t have room for QT tank. Looking to purchase CUC, clowns, watchman goby, fire shrimp, & royal gramma. Thank you!

2. TSM Aquatics
5. Vivid Aquariums
6. Other suggestions???

Divers den isn’t a true QT and more like conditioning. They are not an option if you want truly QT fish. It says right in their website they are held minimum two weeks and fully treated IF needed. That’s is not long enough to guarantee disease free and their practices for QT are more vague.

2 and 3 are my recommendations.

Upvote 0

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

2. TSM Aquatics
5. Vivid Aquariums
6. Other suggestions???
Marine collectors has a fantastic reputation. I've used them and he is very responsive and personally attentive to your needs.

Upvote 0

DothanReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've orders from Divers Den as well as just regular Live Aquaria fish. Most from there have been healthy, tho at least one tang came in with ich and ended up dying - +1 to Reef Medic by @Polyplab for treating my DT after this. Ich is gone.

I'd order from DD again, but my more recent purchases have been from Michael of @NYAquatic and they are beautiful, healthy specimens!! Highly recommend!!

Upvote 0

RobB'z Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Divers den isn’t a true QT and more like conditioning. They are not an option if you want truly QT fish. It says right in their website they are held minimum two weeks and fully treated IF needed. That’s is not long enough to guarantee disease free and their practices for QT are more vague.

2 and 3 are my recommendations.
This is spot on, most online fish retailers do not do a true and proper quarantine

Upvote 0

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I can personally say that tsm does qt all fish and doesnt sell fish if they are not eating i have been dealing with them for a few years now and i live 45 minutes from them so i have personally seen there operation and can say they are doing what they say also there employees that answer the phone will talk to you and answer all your questions also they they hire marine biologists and there employees are from public aquariums you can call they ask for matt he is so knowledgeable. Also I don’t completely trust divers den they have people answering the phone that have no knowledge in these hobby and just read things off there website not impressed with them

Upvote 0

ADAM

@AK_Reefs on Instagram
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good experiences with BlueZooAquatics.com as well as some of the others posted already.

Secondly, I’ve purchased many times from Liveaquaria and have always been pleased. The rare occasion something didn’t make the trip or passed away shortly after receiving they handled the “warranty” quickly and to the letter of the written statement. I say this because there seems to be a lot of threads with strong opposing views to mine about them.

Upvote 0

mottomegl

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I’ve had good experiences with BlueZooAquatics.com as well as some of the others posted already.

Secondly, I’ve purchased many times from Liveaquaria and have always been pleased. The rare occasion something didn’t make the trip or passed away shortly after receiving they handled the “warranty” quickly and to the letter of the written statement. I say this because there seems to be a lot of threads with strong opposing views to mine about them.
Live aquaria doesn’t sell quarantined fish including divers den

Upvote 0

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 38 34.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 21.1%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 5.5%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 30 27.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.8%
Back