Tank light stopped working, can my clownfish be in total darkness for a bit?

MUB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new tank set up and my new light stopped working. I'm getting a warranty replacement but it'll take a few days. This is a new tank that just finished cycling. There are no other fish or corals in the tank besides sand, live rock, and a pair of clownfish. Will they be okay in total darkness at night?

OP
OP
M

MUB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Aren’t they in total darkness at night anyway? My tank is completely dark at night. Do I misunderstand?
This is my first-ever setup. I was just programming the lights today and that's when it **** the bed. I thought maybe it needed some kind of moon light or something lol but thanks.

JZ199

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a new tank set up and my new light stopped working. I'm getting a warranty replacement but it'll take a few days. This is a new tank that just finished cycling. There are no other fish or corals in the tank besides sand, live rock, and a pair of clownfish. Will they be okay in total darkness at night?
They will be totally fine! No need to worry. At night most tanks go total darkness. The "moonlight" setting is more so for our enjoyment.

Mine goes black from 930pm till 715am

OP
OP
M

MUB

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
They will be totally fine! No need to worry. At night most tanks go total darkness. The "moonlight" setting is more so for our enjoyment.

Mine goes black from 930pm till 715am
They'll be fine. Maybe a bit spooked at first, but they'll learn to adjust. Just open some blinds during the day to compensate (if you don't already).
Thanks everyone!

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 11 26.2%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 34 81.0%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 2 4.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 4.8%
Back