Tank mates think my new Snowflake is a cleaner fish

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just got my new snowflake moray eel into the DT today. The fish in the tank are obsessed with him. They wont leave him alone. They are not attacking him, its like they think he is a cleaner fish and keep presenting themselves to him to try to get him to clean them. My Anthias are the worst about it. They will literaly lay on his face or his body. Just plop themselves down on him.

In this clip you can even see one of the Anthias laying on the back part of his body.

Last edited:
OP
OP
cdnco2004

cdnco2004

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah he has been in the tank for a few hours now and the Athinas are always trying to lay on him. The Racoon Butterfly presses hard up against his side. A Lavender Tang also keeps trying to get his attention and press up against him. Seems like only the Mollies give him space. But they would not let cleaners near them before. Missing instincts I suspect.

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.0%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 62.0%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 12 24.0%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 4 8.0%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.0%
Back