Tank move Oct 1@11:30am in Oxford

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gathering friends/family for the big tank move. 600ish lbs of glass (72x36x26) from Crystal Dynamics needs to get from my garage into the house and onto the Framing Tech stand (2 steps up and 40' away). I have moving dollies, straps, hydraulic lift cart, and looking into suctions cups. I think I have enough friends/family for it to work, but just barely. The more hands the safer it will be for all.

Current plan is 11:30am on Oct 1 at my place here in Oxford. Anyone willing to help? Errrr..might be the only club meeting this year :p

galantra

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I will have this date saved, I on-call but I can try and see what I can do. But I will keep you posted. Always willing to help out a fellow reefer

Btw: I have a pair of suction cups if I can make it

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Gathering friends/family for the big tank move. 600ish lbs of glass (72x36x26) from Crystal Dynamics needs to get from my garage into the house and onto the Framing Tech stand (2 steps up and 40' away). I have moving dollies, straps, hydraulic lift cart, and looking into suctions cups. I think I have enough friends/family for it to work, but just barely. The more hands the safer it will be for all.

Current plan is 11:30am on Oct 1 at my place here in Oxford. Anyone willing to help? Errrr..might be the only club meeting this year :p
Nice size tank. That's a bit of a drive for me but I wish you luck with the move!

OP
OP
F

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry for going quite everyone. My mother went back into the hospital, so there has been lots to deal with here. I will reach out to the couple folks who might be able to help with a PM.

OP
OP
F

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It doesn't look heavy...all full of air...

tank.jpg

OP
OP
F

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow that’s going to be incredible. Way to go to those who helped with the move.

Once you get it up and running, I’ll give you some SPS frags.

No one from this group made it up, but a friend brought a couple friends, one of them nicknamed "Ox", and no kidding, accurate nickname. Again, the rainy morning help, another friends golf round got canceled. All my jigs and pre-planning made the lifting minimal, but not zero. All in, we have 5 sizeable guys (including me), a couple capable ladies, and some young spectators, not sure if they were cheering for our success or hoping for a spectacular failure!

Appreciate the offer of frags! Need to get my butt in gear and finish the plumbing!

OP
OP
F

Fiziksgeek

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
best of luck, love to follow along! who made the frame for you?
The stand is from FramingTech. If you take a look at the pics in my main build thread, you'll see there is more that goes over the tank, but I removed it temporarily to make getting the tank in place as easy as possible.

Dburr1014

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The stand is from FramingTech. If you take a look at the pics in my main build thread, you'll see there is more that goes over the tank, but I removed it temporarily to make getting the tank in place as easy as possible.
Hmmm, I would like to see also but you don't have a build thread badge.
Can you link it?

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 19 26.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 18 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 1 1.4%
Back