Tank progression question, green rocks!!

diveinheadfirst

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started my tank just over two months ago, seeding it with pods as soon as my initial cycle was complete, haven’t had any “uglies” at all so far, just this green algae on the rocks. I would say it has been there steady for a month, but it is very slow growing. Is this normal? And what should I be looking for next? Any advice is very appreciated!

happy reefing

86704413-4DDF-4987-9CA7-7F1953A2BEE2.jpeg

TheBear78

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green rock is part of the uglies as far as I'm concerned. Obviously not if you think it's pretty!!
I started my tank with a big white block of dead rock surrounded by purple aquacultured rock (to save money). The purple has been through a few changes and is now 50/50 pink and purple with corralline.
The white did exactly what yours has but as above, it will evolve into brown and eventually pink/purple as the tank matures.

Carry on as you are and let the system grow. Just be mindful of letting parameters get too far away from the ideal numbers.

Nice aquascape by the way ;)

OP
OP
diveinheadfirst

diveinheadfirst

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Green rock is part of the uglies as far as I'm concerned. Obviously not if you think it's pretty!!
I started my tank with a big white block of dead rock surrounded by purple aquacultured rock (to save money). The purple has been through a few changes and is now 50/50 pink and purple with corralline.
The white did exactly what yours has but as above, it will evolve into brown and eventually pink/purple as the tank matures.

Carry on as you are and let the system grow. Just be mindful of letting parameters get too far away from the ideal numbers.

Nice aquascape by the way ;)
Thank you! I test like a madman and have been trying my hardest to stay patient. All parameters have been stable but my alk was low initially, dosed it up to ~9dkh and holding.

Can’t wait to start seeing those little pink/purple dots show up!

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back