Tank-raised Butterfly Fish

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
PacificEastAquaculture

PacificEastAquaculture

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
20191214_155320~2.jpg

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
beautiful fish, whats the pricing like on it?

U

User1

View Badges
We only stock and sell captive-bred tank-raised fish, no wild collected!

Eating TDO pellets

Great looking fish. Thanks for putting up the video. I have been wanting to try a trio of these for a long time. I've amended my Christmas list :) In any case it is great to know that you can get these. I didn't see them up on the portal yet.

U

User1

View Badges
Let me preference this by saying that I've personally not owned one. Ever. On the other hand I've been scuba diving and come across them many a time. Always picking at the rocks, not corals, and in groups. Very peaceful and beautiful fish in the wild. I must say. This is why they are on my wish list. After some reading. A lot of reading across various forums I agree with Dr. Mac in saying they are said to be more on the "reef" safe than the others. As always use caution and decide what risk and mitigation you are willing to accept.

Advanced aquarist has a article on butterflyfish and the Chaetodon miliaris is green. There are a few other articles and posts that have similar results. However - I'd hate for you to place it in your display and it devour everything :D I do not know if buying a BIOTA raised one is different than say a wild caught but fish are fish so who knows. I am considering a trio.

My only issue is tank and coral maturity. I'm 20 months in the upgrade and some corals have taken off. Some are slower than others. It is those that I worry about in that if they did nip and pick that they couldn't out grow those bits. May try it anyway. In any case I'm thrilled I have a source of captive raised at an affordable price. I was worried they would be 200 or so. I'm fine with the going rate here.

Maybe I'll gift one to Pac East if they place it in their 210 :)

U

User1

View Badges
Also found two video's if it helps any. Both resemble my diving experience with them. One open water deep dive and the other over a reef crest. Basically the second has another fish laying some eggs. The Milletseed's are swimming then one spots the egg nest and they all dive down eating them.

I thought I had video coverage of a similar dive experience but I found these on the web. Of course they again do not represent every Milletseed but figured I'd share anyway. They are probably seen as simple or plain butterflies and not as common or wanted but I've always enjoyed them.

Dr. Mac - hope you don't mind me cluttering up the thread. Just a nice simple fish.

Steven91

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think I might get it, after the holidays if they still have it. Just want to wait for all the hell of shipping to die down and to have a little extra money lol

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 44 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 27 21.6%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.2%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 10 8.0%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 24.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.2%
Back