Should I paint the stand. This ones for fun and not so serious.

• Total voters
OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's getting real now. Got the old 90 gallon sump out of the way and this 50 gallon trash can is full of my LR. Of course that's only half of it. this is what I had in the sump. I have another one just like it with my fish, some corals and LR in it. Then a 55 gallon tank with the two large rocks with a bunch of coral in there too.

I suppose I need to put some of those pictures up but not right now. But here is a couple of the can of LR
20180107_184303.jpg
20180107_184312.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Got sump sealed up and sanded and sprayed a final layer of epoxy on the tank bottom/base a couple days ago. Now to get it inside. I'm going to buy some casters so I can roll it in then take them off inside. Not exactly light to move. Once inside I'll add in all the supports around the stand.
20180105_165532.jpg
20180105_173238.jpg
20180105_173304.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Has anyone used those RFG nozzles they look really cool from vivid creative aquatics. nice idea.

I really need to figure out how exactly I'm going to plumb the return once I get it to the top of the tank. Having a hard time deciding sizes and how many outlets I want. I planned on going 3'' up to top then maybe reduce to 2'' and then 1.5'' with multiple outlets. Guess its large tank google image time to get some ideas. If you have any lets see them!!

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might be moving in 4 or 5 months so contemplating waiting to finish I don't know what to do. It's a lot of water to deal with. I'll know soon what I'm doing.

what do you think?

AngryOwl

Angry
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
might be moving in 4 or 5 months so contemplating waiting to finish I don't know what to do. It's a lot of water to deal with. I'll know soon what I'm doing.

what do you think?

If I was moving that soon there's no way I'd set it up just to tear it down and potentially damage or stress things out.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I hear you. I still have to move the three setups that are housing everything that was in the 210 and sump.

I just can't stand the thought of moving again. I have moved the 210 three times fully stocked. At least the last time was 4 years ago.

I'l wait and decide if I want to move or not. Would like to be north of where I'm at now doing a lot of driving.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so back to the return question a couple posts ago... still going to get everything worked out so if and when I move I can set the tank up there and move my temp setups into it.

Any thoughts on return plumbing?

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also really think about combining my corals and fish into the 90 gallon that was my sump. just so they get some room and I can control the whole tank as one. I will still keep my LR in the 50 gallon container.

Yes I think I'll at least do that so apex can monitor it.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have been fooling around with a bunch of DIY stuff but I did put the tank, stand, and sump together in one package and install swivel wheels on the bottom so I can move it.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Howdy all.

I know I'm still on hold for finishing the glass work on the tank. Still not sure if I'm moving ERRR!

But I have been busy and have been still working on getting things ready as well as doing some fun DIY stuff.
come check out one of my other threads.
Here's a post where I made a skimmer out of a 35 gallon Brute. Yes Yes I did lol
https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/d...ance-picture-heavy.352056/page-4#post-4412537

But be sure to look over the whole thread and let me know what you think.

Later

prsnlty

Jackie
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Joe I LOVE your sump! Great job, epoxy is some really cool stuff! I'm going to refinish my countertops with epoxy and make them look like granite...

I'm going to go read up on your skimmer a little later tonight when I get a few minutes but am fascinated by the idea of using a trash can :D

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It’s official I’m moving so glad I didn’t get everything all setup. We will continue the process once I’m in the new place. It would have been a lot of water to deal with.

I will still have a lot of reef related stuff to move and the various holding tanks. All is doing well but I’m ready to get it all in the big tank.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still hanging in there and all is well. Not ready to move. And all the reef stuff that I have in the garage and in the house I just can’t think about moving all that stuff but I’m so glad that I didn’t set up the huge tank but still would’ve been a big chore to move the old 210 display and sump. If I trusted anyone enough to pay them to move everything I would but you all know how you feel about people handling your reef and everything that goes with it.

My goal is to take the new set up and move it finish installing the glass and then get the tank going so that I can move everything into it when I move but I’m not sure I’m gonna have enough time essentially starting a brand new system to cycle everything. Originally planned on moving all the water I could from the old display and holding tanks and then top it off with new saltwater so that I didn’t have to go through the cycle process but it is what it is so I guess it will be basically a brand new tank with very mature live rock and corals etc.

I have roughly 175 gallons running at the moment with everything but a far cry from 428 lol plus massive sump oh boy lol.

OP
OP
joekool

joekool

Mixed Reefer
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
We will be back at it in full force. Found my new home about 45 min. north of my current home in North Sarasota County.
I will be posting a lot about the move and putting it all together so stay on the lookout friends.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back