TANK SHOTS: What does it for you to see a nice tank?

Does seeing a beautiful saltwater reef tank affect you in one way or another? (share a tank photo)

• Yes in a positive way

Votes: 507 95.1%
  • Yes in a negatve way

Votes: 9 1.7%
  • Not in any way

Votes: 11 2.1%
  • Other (please explain)

Votes: 6 1.1%

• Total voters

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Ok it's Tuesday and there is lots of stuff going on in the world around us so before we ask questions let it be known that we want you to share a tank photo for the TANK TUESDAY!

Seeing a beautiful reef tank affects me in many different ways and sometimes it varies due to my mood. :p Sometime it make me want to clean my tank, think about God's beautiful creations or may even cause me to get a little discouraged by my own lacking reef tank. Let's talk about that!

The question of the day is this:

How does seeing a beautiful saltwater reef aquarium affect you and your tank?

*don't forget to share a tank photo

bigstock-Brother-And-Sister-.jpg

Last edited:

brandon429

why did you put a reef in that
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like to look first at the surrounding details and not the main coral or fish, to tell where the tank is heading and where its been. accumulations, coralline, bleached areas of coralline, lack of accumulations, all remark on flow and export/import balance habits and algae or invasions on rock and sand details are what I notice first.

Then the corals, then the fish, all in that order. if the arrangement shows a dedicated reefer hitting all the major notes i deem the picture awesome, and click a thumbs up. I try not to be a volumist and I ask the same of you fine folks

year 14

20200324_190401.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Don't forget to share you TANK PHOTO!!!

OP
OP
revhtree

revhtree

Owner Administrator
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
WOW all of these three make me feel three different ways!

LOVE, jealousy and AWE! HA!

andrewkw

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
_MG_1166 (2).JPG

I love seeing photos of beautiful tanks. I like to get ideas, inspiration see what everyone else is doing and offer constructive criticism - this is something I don't think happens enough - Everyone is quick to say "Nice tank!" but there is also a nice way of saying "why don't you try, or it might look better if you..."

Some giant tanks like what is posted already may just be a dream for 99 even 100% of the reefer population, but anyone can have a beautiful reef at any size on any budget.

Last edited:

mrlavalamp

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I leave the "reef relaxation" videos from youtube and others running on the TV when I am not watching it but in the area.

Especially lately!

As far as my own tank, It will be some time before I get water in mine, still doesn't stop me from staring at it almost constantly.

IMG_20200323_212448.jpg

Cannot wait to have my own chunk of the ocean!

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
010120.jpg

when I set about planning my tank, the big thing was hiding the overflow, return, gyre's (2), and the heater. next will be getting rid of all the frag plugs that aren't grown over. not a criticism of what any one else is doing.

Last edited:

madweazl

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I love seeing a nice tank. Big things for me are lots of contrasting colors in the corals (i.e. yellows next to blues and greens next to reds). Fish! I love seeing tons of fish. I enjoy seeing diverse inverts; crabs, hermits, small smasher mantis, snails, cucumbers, shrimp, all of it just adds the icing on the cake.

Our 75g was wonderful to look at in my office, I would stare at it for long periods.
48998588121_0d5a707c39_h.jpg

The 150g on the other hand, is a dismal site. Looks like things are under control again but man, it ain't pretty. Looks like the diatoms are gone now so I'll be able to get back at it soon.
49694180348_83658ca672_h.jpg

Last edited:

Helpingreefers

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok it's Tuesday and there is lots of stuff going on in the world around us so before we ask questions let it be known that we want you to share a tank photo for the TANK TUESDAY!

Seeing a beautiful reef tank affects me in many different ways and sometimes it varies due to my mood. :p Sometime it make me want to clean my tank, think about God's beautiful creations or may even cause me to get a little discouraged by my own lacking reef tank. Let's talk about that!

The question of the day is this:

How does seeing a beautiful saltwater reef aquarium affect you and your tank?

*don't forget to share a tank photo

bigstock-Brother-And-Sister-.jpg

588C7FEC-9DF5-4998-96B5-0CE877E5A141.jpeg

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 43 35.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 26 21.3%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.4%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 25.4%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.3%
Back