Tank specific equipment question. IM 25 lagoon heaters and placement.

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am purchasing all of the equipment for a IM 24 lagoon and am having a very difficult time finding an appropriate heater. I absolutely despise seeing heaters in a display. I won't put a heater in the return pump chamber so that leaves the 2nd chamber on either side. That leaves 7 3/4 inches of constant water level for a heater. I can't even fit a eheim jager 50 watt in there and I need 100watts.

What heaters are other 25 lagoon owners choosing and where are you placing them? Are two 50 watt cobalt neotherms my best answer? Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Build thread imminent, once I have all of the equipment here.

EDIT: I may have my solution. One 50 eheim through a controller and a second set degrees higher than the one on the controller. But if anyone knows of a good place for a 100 w cobalt neotherm please share with me that is my preference.

Last edited:

Bo.

Impatient as always
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finnex titanium is the winner here. Thank you so much. Hadn’t even considered them.
helping schitts creek GIF by CBC

Glad you found something!

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Did you end up getting the finnex heater? I didn’t as they have to be mounted horizontally for the thermostat to work properly.
No I didn’t, I needed up putting in two 75watt cobalts. I set one at 80 degrees and put it through an Inkbird set at 79. The second is in back also but set at 81and not on the Inkbird as a back up. To date it hasn’t kicked on. I will probably put a splitter in the inkbird and just put both heaters on it as cumulatively they do not pull more amps than the ink bird can handle.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a single Eheim 50w. The temp is 79 during the day and 77 at night. I will add another 50w before winter.
That was my thing, winter. I keep my house 74 so one heater is good. But I’m the winter, my wife is known to do things like open half the windows when it’s 50 degrees and raining. So the additional wattage is extremely important to me for the winter months.

shadow1013

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where did you get the cobalt heater? I haven’t been able to find them online :(
No I didn’t, I needed up putting in two 75watt cobalts. I set one at 80 degrees and put it through an Inkbird set at 79. The second is in back also but set at 81and not on the Inkbird as a back up. To date it hasn’t kicked on. I will probably put a splitter in the inkbird and just put both heaters on it as cumulatively they do not pull more amps than the ink bird can handle.

OP
OP
Townes_Van_Camp

Townes_Van_Camp

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
BRS or one of its acquisitions.
That’s nuts, there aren’t hardly any at all, any wattage. I just looked a bit myself and the only one I have found was on eBay.

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back