Tank Stock

blue hippo

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to a hobby and have a 125 gall salt water tank with no corals . So far my fish stock is following
Anthias-1
Yellow Wrasse-1
Clown -1
Royal Gramma-1
CArdinal-1
Melanurus Wrasse-1
Fox Face -1
Flame Angel-1
Black Cap Basslet -1

I would like to add white tail bristletooth tang , Powder Blue and Pakistani butterfly but I am not sure do I have enough room . Please help me decide what to add and what not

nuxx

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Don't do a Powder Blue.

Aggressive fish and too small of a tank for an Acan. tang.

Should be good with the Bristletooth.

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing with tangs is you could own a sea life centre and people would still say too small i have a powder blue in a 4 foot tank and shows no aggression what so ever to other tank mates i say go for it ur fish are all small apart from the foxface

Cthulukelele

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The thing with tangs is you could own a sea life centre and people would still say too small i have a powder blue in a 4 foot tank and shows no aggression what so ever to other tank mates i say go for it ur fish are all small apart from the foxface
While true, it's also probably important to mention to them how mean powder blues can occasionally be in smaller tanks and how small they can make a 125 look swimming around

Dave1993

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP if u want 1 just get 1 you will love it mine defies all odds lives in a 4 foot tank is not aggressive lives with ich guess it must be built different

littlefoxx

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I am new to a hobby and have a 125 gall salt water tank with no corals . So far my fish stock is following
Anthias-1
Yellow Wrasse-1
Clown -1
Royal Gramma-1
CArdinal-1
Melanurus Wrasse-1
Fox Face -1
Flame Angel-1
Black Cap Basslet -1

I would like to add white tail bristletooth tang , Powder Blue and Pakistani butterfly but I am not sure do I have enough room . Please help me decide what to add and what not
Pakistani should be fine, been looking into those for a while to add to my tank when I upgrade. Very striking! As for the powder blue Ive heard people say theirs is mean, or its way more prone to ich and stuff than other tangs. I have a baby blue hippo, he is very beautiful and chill with my other fish. I personally like the blue’s color over the powder blue but thats just me. I say if you want to try the powder blue try it. Tangs are a very hot topic in the hobby, everyone has a different opinion! Only way youre going to know is if you try him.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 32.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 29 22.1%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 26 19.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 26.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back