Tank swap: 75 to 120

scrappy35

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have a 5 month old 75 and yesterday I picked up a never used planet eclipse 120 with crystalline glass. What a step up in build from my aqueon tank. Still had the stickers on it. Got it for a good price. Now the fun begins.
Build a new stand, build a new sump so I can make sure all the plumbing works and lines up. I have a 40 breeder sump and plan to use that size again with a couple changes to the design. I think I will get a cheap jaebo return pump to test the setup and keep as a spare. Luckily I oversized my current pump. It has the tideline ext. overflow and I will be curious to see if I have to mod it to make it silent like I did my eshopps. Looking forward to being able to add more rock. I like my negative scape, but have realized it does not allow enough hiding spots for the fish.

Question: I currently have 2 gen 5 xr15 blues, will that be enough for a mixed reef / shadows or should I start looking for supplement ideas ( maybe a t5 on the front and back)? Tank is 48x24x25h

this time I will do a build thread.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 30 31.3%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 18 18.8%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 24 25.0%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back