• Thank you for visiting the R2R Marketplace! Please consider becoming a Supporting Member today! In addition to all the perks of becoming a supporting member, this notice will also be automatically removed! Click here for more details and Happy Reefing!

Tank Tear Down 178 gallon custom with high end equipment (Michigan near Swartz Creek)

Adamwheel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The time has come. My wife battled breast cancer this year and I neglected my full SPS Reef that was absolutely flying. The pandemic coupled with the personal stuff made the reef take a back seat unfortunately.
The picture of the reef at its best is from just over a year ago. Although it doesn't look like that now, all equipment is still fully functional with the exception of a few minor issues. I'm also inserting a picture or 2 from when I built the system. This should help give you an idea of what I have. List of major equipment and livestock beneath. Given the cost, if you're willing to put a little into this system, you're getting a massive discount. I'm looking to sell everything at once.

IMG_3998.JPG

IMG_4026.JPG

IMG_4032.JPG

MVIMG_20200905_105103.jpg
MVIMG_20200905_105123.jpg

Equipment:

178 gallon DIY Eurobraced Reef (66"Lx26'Wx24"H) with Bean Animal overflow. Full 1.5" PVC to sump and 2" return. The glass does have scratches but still looks great. The stand is overkill steel that was powder coated grey.
40 gallon DIY Sump
28 gallon refugium with Kessil LED (not show in picture) specifically for plant growth and accompanying pump
Light: ATI Powermodule LED Generation 1 60" (I paid $1,800)
Skimmer: Bubble King Mini 200 with Red Dragon pump. (I paid over $1,000 new)
Neptune Apex equipment to get you online and handle all plugs for programming. Display needs to be replaced (about $100 it will cost)
Pump: Reeflo Dart Snapper Hybrid (in use for less than a year)
Smart UV Sterilizer Model: 02040. It's large.
Full water changing station with two 30 gal vessels and brute trash can for waste water and accompanying pump for water changes. We used the waste water for laundry. Zero waste. It's all yours.
Carbon and GFO reactor with accompanying pump.
So much more. You get everything I have.

Livestock: The coral have pretty much died (my fault)
Fish: All fish went through full Tank Transfer method and then 8 full weeks of QT. They are fat and happy.
Purple Tang
Powder Blue Tang
Chevron Tang
Pink Spotted goby
Black and white chromis (2)
among a few others.
My QT protocols were on point. These fish are healthy.
Sand and rock don't look as good as they did but they were sent from Tampa Bay Saltwater. That was an awesome experience picking everything up at the airport.

$2,000 and it's all yours and I'll help that day. I'll also throw in any hoses, nets, extra pumps I have that might help you with the system.

This hobby consumed me for 4-5 years and I will disclose any issues with anything. Serious interest only please.

Cheers!

Adam

Last edited:
OP
OP
Adamwheel

Adamwheel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I want to sell everything at once. It's a full system with water changing station. Someone is going to get very lucky. The Apex stuff is more than just the standard setup too. I bought everything.

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayers for your wife and hope she fairs well soon! Just curious about waste water for laundry as you mentioned, is there any info for justifiying that usage?!?

OP
OP
Adamwheel

Adamwheel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Prayers for your wife and hope she fairs well soon! Just curious about waste water for laundry as you mentioned, is there any info for justifiying that usage?!?
The RODI system sends at best 1 to 1 waste to Clean mixable saltwater. Rather than having that mineral rich water go down the drain, we store and use the water for laundry. I believe the initial thread that got me into this was on reef central. I have a pump in the brute trash can and it is turned on and off through a remote button. My wife just hits a button and fills the laundry tub with the water. In Michigan, we have decent water too. My TDS from the tap are less than 100 almost always.
I always felt guilty watching all that water go down the drain. We've been doing this for 4 years and it's a great solution.

Scubadoo4u

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does it have any adverse affect on machine or clothes?!? Also, what was in the mesh bag hanging from the PVC in sump? By the way....sad, that was an awesome display...

OP
OP
Adamwheel

Adamwheel

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No adverse effects at all. The mesh bag was carbon before I got a carbon and GFO reactor from BRS. The reactor is included.

HeyJay

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Best wishes to your wife and yourself. This is an absolute fantastic deal.

Mastering the art of locking and unlocking water pathways: What type of valves do you have on your aquarium plumbing?

• Ball valves.

Votes: 52 48.1%
  • Gate valves.

Votes: 60 55.6%
  • Check valves.

Votes: 25 23.1%
  • None.

Votes: 28 25.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 9 8.3%

Back