Tank upgrade and pests (bryopsis, bubble, vermetid)

Marienickel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi everyone,

IM20 being upgraded to waterbox 65.4

Looking for so advice about trying to keep my new tank pest free or just rolling with it and transfering rocks from my old tank into the new one...

I know how to manage the bryopsis using fluconoazole but it will be more expensive with the higher water volume.

I don't mind the vermetid snail's as they don't seem to bother the LPS I was to have.

The bubble algae is annoying but also managed by the fluconoazole and emerald crabs.

If I frag the corals I like and transfer, I maybe able to prevent the introduction to my new system. But part of me thinks the spread maybe inevitable if I want to keep the corals from the old tank. I would love your thoughts.

Thanks

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuff is inevitable no matter what you do. If it isn't the 3 you mentioned it will be something else. Just part of reefing and tanks maturing process.

OP
OP
M

Marienickel

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Stuff is inevitable no matter what you do. If it isn't the 3 you mentioned it will be something else. Just part of reefing and tanks maturing process.
That's kinda what I was thinking and since I know how to manage these and I love the corals in my IM20 i should just embrace it. Lol.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's kinda what I was thinking and since I know how to manage these and I love the corals in my IM20 i should just embrace it. Lol.
I think some basic precaution steps prior to transfer will certainly help but in the end different things will develop in your tank that you will have to work through. The hobby is challenging but that makes success more rewarding too. Just enjoy getting your new set up running.

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 7 100.0%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

• Other.

Back