Tank upgrade! How should I adjust my lighting?

ScottB

7500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Revitalizing this as the tank is getting wet today and I am STILL bouncing around in my head what to do here... additional input would be greatly appreciated.
OK then, just to keep your head spinning, I will propose the least rational, but most sexy option out there. Get four of these at $1,100 a piece retail, 1,200 each on ebay. They are backordered for a bit. You will likely get a vaccine before delivery, but wow, are they beautiful.

Here is a review: https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/ati-straton-led-light-comments-review-par-coverage-discuss.762808/

Attachments

• 51580.jpg
    51580.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 16

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're only adding an additional 2 ft in length, why not spread the reef LED 90's out to the end and supplement with a reef LED 50 in the center as it has a 24 inch throw. Keep the symmetrical look and full coverage while not burning out the center?

OP
OP
gideon2086

gideon2086

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you're only adding an additional 2 ft in length, why not spread the reef LED 90's out to the end and supplement with a reef LED 50 in the center as it has a 24 inch throw. Keep the symmetrical look and full coverage while not burning out the center?
Well.. that is certainly the economically sensible route! Did you mean ReefLED 90? A 50 will certainly not be powerful enough. I'm worried that the 90's are going to be strained. This tank is 4 inches deeper, 4 inches taller and 2 ft longer.

Lost in the Sauce

BANGERANG!!!!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well.. that is certainly the economically sensible route! Did you mean ReefLED 90? A 50 will certainly not be powerful enough. I'm worried that the 90's are going to be strained. This tank is 4 inches deeper, 4 inches taller and 2 ft longer.
I did initially mean a 50, but with that added info, splitting with a 90 should do great. I didn't think about the added depth and height. Where my ref LED 90s intersected in my 4-ft tank, I'm already a little hot par wise Considering moving them both out two and a half inches towards the outside.

For controllability, it would be nice to not have a third type of light up there to control.

For visual, 3 rLED90's trisecting the tank would be symmetrical and I found they have very seamless overlap to my eye.

High pressure shells: Do you look for signs of stress in the invertebrates in your reef tank?

• I regularly look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 42 31.1%
  • I occasionally look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 31 23.0%
  • I rarely look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 28 20.7%
  • I never look for signs of invertebrate stress in my reef tank.

Votes: 34 25.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 0 0.0%
Back