Tank ups grade

Reefmanny

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I currently have a 55 gallon reef it’s about 1.5 years old and it’s doing really great. In about 2 months I am moving and upgrading to a 150 gallon tank (about 175 total gallons) I was wondering if it is ok to just transfer everything over? Would it be like doing a large water change? Or would it still have to go through a full cycle? It’s packed with corals and a couple fish and I would hate to lose anything. Thanks in advance!

Reefer_Rob

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all, I currently have a 55 gallon reef it’s about 1.5 years old and it’s doing really great. In about 2 months I am moving and upgrading to a 150 gallon tank (about 175 total gallons) I was wondering if it is ok to just transfer everything over? Would it be like doing a large water change? Or would it still have to go through a full cycle? It’s packed with corals and a couple fish and I would hate to lose anything. Thanks in advance!

Youll get much more views/responses posting here.

LAReefer4Life

Lover of Angelfish
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

Sorry for the delay here. I have been consumed opening my restaurant.

What equipment are you utilizing from your 55 gallon? It will still need to cycle but almost consider it a mini cycle depending on how much nitrifying bacteria is transferred over.

Where are you at on this currently?

Creating a strong bulwark: Did you consider floor support for your reef tank?

• I put a major focus on floor support.

Votes: 26 40.0%
  • I put minimal focus on floor support.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • I put no focus on floor support.

Votes: 22 33.8%
  • Other.

Votes: 2 3.1%
Back