Tank Water Green due to medicine!! Please help!!

Bear Claw

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just doesed 1.6 oz of ruby rally reef fish medicine to my 32.5 gallon tank for a fish with a bacterial bump. I followed the instructions and poured it in, and it came out neon green and my tank is now neon green and cloudy!! My fish, corals, and inverts seem to be fine. Is this supposed to be happening?
tempImageiym2Qo.jpg

Jay Hemdal

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just doesed 1.6 oz of ruby rally reef fish medicine to my 32.5 gallon tank for a fish with a bacterial bump. I followed the instructions and poured it in, and it came out neon green and my tank is now neon green and cloudy!! My fish, corals, and inverts seem to be fine. Is this supposed to be happening?
tempImageiym2Qo.jpg

If you dosed accurately (for the tank's actual water volume, minus displacement by the rocks and gravel) this is just the acriflavine in the medication and is normal.

Jay

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
tempImageiym2Qo.jpg
This is Very normal and will dissipate as the day goes along

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 14 26.9%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 43 82.7%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 3 5.8%
  • Other

Votes: 2 3.8%
Back