Anirban

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
That's odd becouse it claims it lowers po4 and no3 that's why I got it so the back to back 10 gallon changes did nothing but make my nutrient issue worst my nitrates are threw the roof what do you suggest to get them back down
Its a great salt if you already run ULNS system but if your nutrients are high then its not going to help you much. Use the reef salt and dose Pro bio S and NP Pro daily to lower the nutrient down. You can use NitraPhos minus to bring down the nutrient faster and then use the two to maintain it.

Saltyanimals

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
If you prepare your own 123 then you can do that by skipping the Mg in the 3rd solution.

I wasn't suggesting to leave out the Mag or change the recipe. Changing it would mean you no longer have the balling AF123 formula. I was only sharing that I didn't have noticeable Mag consumption initially but did Mag anyways through the AF123.. now it stays constant which implies I'm either magically consuming mag or more likely things are just falling into balance as they should.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I wasn't suggesting to leave out the Mag or change the recipe. Changing it would mean you no longer have the balling AF123 formula. I was only sharing that I didn't have noticeable Mag consumption initially but did Mag anyways through the AF123.. now it stays constant which implies I'm either magically consuming mag or more likely things are just falling into balance as they should.
Did I say that you suggested???:confused::confused:

I suggested him that as I know a few people who did that successfully. His Mg already high and getting higher. So he can skip it for time being and once its in his range he can continue dosing the full balling. That is the flexibility of the system. Leaving the Mg will help him to bring down the elevated Mg level. If Mg was not increasing after dosing components like yours then I would have suggested him to continue dosing the complete solution but because it steadily rising I suggested him to skip the Mg. Although high Mg is not that harmful but nobody wants them rocket high.

Anirban

5000 Club Member
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Okay I have the bio s and np pro will dose as suggested I also got some pro bio f how should that be dosed and how often with the others
If you are dosing Pro bio S and NP pro then you dont need Pro bio F. Are dosing bio s or Pro bio S?

OP
Aquaforest

Aquaforest

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
More Aquaforest powered tanks

Ernie Cloud Nebit
Ernie-Cloud-Nebit-2.jpg

Ernie-Cloud-Nebit-3.jpg

Ernie-Cloud-Nebit.jpg

Herry Ludywidjaja
Herry-Ludywidjaja.jpg

Noraset Eaktarapipat
Noraset-Eaktarapipat.jpg

Raja Purohit
Raja-Purohit-2.jpg

Raja-Purohit.jpg

Eric Yang
Eric-Yang.jpg

Reefer3000

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Should I only be dosing the pro bio s for now until they lower. The np pro is just adding more nutrients I believe
Hi i have a nitrate problem and been trying to lower it down... Started with some isues here and there with a rock i got then started having nitraes at 25 since last 3months now..... Been truing to help it to go down with alot of things... I believe that with bacteria i can take if down... Been 2wks now truing to do so started with pro bio s... Then continued with -np pro. Also someone told me to add up bio s...i run no pox and very smallllll amout pf bio pallets and no gfo... I keeep maintaining po4 at between 0.1 to 0.2.... Colours in my coral are coming back... Am feeding quite abit.. But also im having some red slime... I know its coming from nutrients.... But i entend to gmtry to take down this nirrates cos its giving me alottttt of work...and also wanna ask... Witch one is it tjat its giving me the redslime of them is. It the - np pro???? Any suggestions of how am i gonna take these nitrates down pls???

jsker

Reefing is all about the adventure
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
Hi i have a nitrate problem and been trying to lower it down... Started with some isues here and there with a rock i got then started having nitraes at 25 since last 3months now..... Been truing to help it to go down with alot of things... I believe that with bacteria i can take if down... Been 2wks now truing to do so started with pro bio s... Then continued with -np pro. Also someone told me to add up bio s...i run no pox and very smallllll amout pf bio pallets and no gfo... I keeep maintaining po4 at between 0.1 to 0.2.... Colours in my coral are coming back... Am feeding quite abit.. But also im having some red slime... I know its coming from nutrients.... But i entend to gmtry to take down this nirrates cos its giving me alottttt of work...and also wanna ask... Witch one is it tjat its giving me the redslime of them is. It the - np pro???? Any suggestions of how am i gonna take these nitrates down pls???
I have been using the life bio fill to control my nitrates. Works better than anything else I have tried.

rob safron

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I also have some life bio fill in my sump. However, I didn’t have much luck with NP Pro, I switched to Nitrophos minus and have good success with that. I still dose Pro Bio S every other day as well as run a reactor full of AF Zeomix. I run a stable 1.0 nitrate and 0.02 phosphate.

OP
Aquaforest

Aquaforest

Review score
+0 /0 /-0
View Badges
Reaction score
Review score
+0 /0 /-0
I recommend to try to use:
- Life Bio Fil as medium for bacteria growth - it contains nitrifying bacteria - ready to use and ready to work.
- Zeo Mix and Phosphate Minus (Carbon also could be added between those media) - in media reactor - 100 ml/27 US gal to adsorb in inhial phase NO2, NO3 and PO4
- Dose Pro Bio S (1 drop/27 US gal daily ) and NitraPhos Minus (dosage depends of actual levels of NO3 and PO4.

Toys For Kids Drive

Untitled-2 copy.jpg

Have you ever had a nano reef tank?

• I have one now (leave a photo in the thread)

Votes: 176 47.3%
  • Yes, but in the past

Votes: 82 22.0%
  • No and no plans to have one

Votes: 59 15.9%
  • No but I want to have one in the future

Votes: 48 12.9%
  • Other

Votes: 7 1.9%
LRS