OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There isn’t much to report on this week other than getting a new Icecap Kalk reactor. It was perfect timing as it went on sale right when I started looking. I won’t have it here till next week most likely but am really looking forward to setting it up.

The frag tank has been taking the back seat lately while I tune my display tank and it gets running smoothly. I need to start spending a little more time on it before I get dinos with where my nitrates and phosphates are at. I’ll probably swap over a dosing pump so that I can begin dosing nitrates daily. I’ve been dosing 2-3 ml a day and Im still showing basically 0. Im assuming the miracle mud and live rock I transferred over is being very efficient at removing waste.

Zuma

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Random Trading Places reference, sorry about that!

But your tank is looking great and the pictures of the pink lemonade and other acros from your first tank are awesome.

Mirkus

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been around here for a long time and figured its time to share my setup since Im often in this forum oogling other's aquariums.

I've tried just about every method of keeping SPS tanks but always seem to fall back on simplicity. I run T5w, a skimmer and dosing pumps. No reactors, no refugium, no chemicals. I've recently seen a few people complaining about a certain salt that I also use and have been ok with for a while. I have noticed dull colors on a lot of my montipora which is what others have been reporting. I decided to go back to Tropic Marin Pro-reef as I loved it last time I used it years ago.

I'll be posting a mix of photos from imgur and instagram.

I like the no reactor, no fuge, and no chemicals part... jk jk jk. whatever you are doing appears to be working!

OP
OP
BAUCE

BAUCE

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I like the no reactor, no fuge, and no chemicals part... jk jk jk. whatever you are doing appears to be working!
I’ve been doing this for many years. I bet if I stopped shuffling through methods of reef keeping I might have even more successful! My attention span is terrible but things seem to be working ok regardless. Thanks!

Algae invading algae: Have you had unwanted algae in your good macroalgae?

• I regularly have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 40 34.2%
  • I occasionally have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 25 21.4%
  • I rarely have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 9 7.7%
  • I never have unwanted algae in my macroalgae.

Votes: 8 6.8%
  • I don’t have macroalgae.

Votes: 31 26.5%
  • Other.

Votes: 4 3.4%
Back