TB Saltwater Hitchhikers

U

User1

View Badges
Makes me wish I didn't use dry rock.

My original plan was to use TBS rock. 2 in college I didn't plan it properly so went with 150 LBS of Dry Pukani. Friends do not let Friends use dry rock. Ever.... Having used dry rock I wish I would have made a few other changes and used TBS. Never again will dry rock be shipped to my house.

Last edited by a moderator:

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also interested in recent deliveries. I am about two weeks out from receiving my tank and am seriously considering TBS rock. Interested if anyone has experienced cirolanid isopods on the live rock. Have been researching a lot lately and I DO NOT want those as a hitchhiker. I can deal with everything else but not those.

MPCReefer

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If you are thinking about it order it now, I put in an order sep 24th and still not sure when I'll get it.
Wow. I am thinking that is the best way to go. May order tomorrow or first of next week. Planning to possibly place it in a tub for a few weeks to thin out unwanted hitchhikers and ensure no cirolanid pods as I'm terrified of getting them as a hitchhiker.

jsweir

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Finally out of the ocean and in the sump! BTW a small crab jumped off when putting the first rock in - think I will let him stay down there...
liverock.jpg

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 57 55.9%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 7.8%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 3 2.9%
Back