TCK Coral Flash Frag Frenzy Live Event | Monday Feb 27th

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Coral Websites

Web Development
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That Vip lounge really got smaller. Guess just the snicklefritz left for her.
She can choose from anyone of these beautiful corals for only $1 i'm sorry ya'll are not happy with the selection.
vip.jpg

Missro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There must be some misunderstanding, we sent her the code to get into the VIP Lounge. This code is specific to her and can only be used by her: frenzy540009

I hope you're not disappointed. There are still plenty of good items left in the Lounge that ya'll are able to get for only $1 using that personal code. In addition to the $30 Gift Card ya'll had already won earlier in the day you should be set.

These amazing corals are still available in there, see below.

vip.jpg

Maybe I misunderstood Codybot's post that showed all of these corals as being in VIP.

CODY-LONG-BANNERS.gif

WE HAVE A WINNER

There was a three way tie for first with two points each, but the tie-breaker goes to whoever posted their guess first!

Next game coming up in about 10 minutes. Who's ready to win a trip to the VIP Lounge where amazing frags only cost $1?!!

first.png

It took 2 hours to receive the code where other winners announced what the got in half an hour or so. If I remember correctly there were 3 winners before me so unless this was not what was in VIP, I think it would be understandable that anyone would be surprised.

CodyBot

Game Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Missro @Wakenbaker420

I hope y'all understand that I do not make the rules and I do what I'm asked. Having said that, what's all this about?

The first post of the first page very clearly says that it's one prize per household and both of y'all live together in the same house, per your admissions. I am always in your corner first and foremost because my goal is to make sure everyone has a good time and walks away happy. I convinced the owner and my collogue to let people have the chance to win twice, because I love giving out goodies to y'all. Y'all won a $30 GC in pregames, which is great! Y'all both come out to our sales and I enjoy seeing regular patrons win! I explained that you need to purchase shipping to qualify for the $30 GC, and in the event that y'all won again, purchasing a coral should be sufficient enough to qualify you for the second prize.

The coral you purchased outside of shipping was a doorbuster (a heavily discounted coral that's meant to be a prize in itself) and you used the gift card to purchase it. You can't qualify for a free gift by using a basically free gift as proof that you're participating in the sale. Despite all that, Dan (the owner of TCK Corals) specifically told me to give you access to the VIP Lounge on the condition that I explained all of this to y'all.

And notice that I keep using "y'all" because both of y'all are sharing the same shipping box and qualify as one person for prizes, despite both of y'all competing for prizes using separate usernames. That's no different than a single person using multiple usernames to get more entries into games, and that's extremely unfair to everyone else in this thread. Despite that, Dan still decided to offer this gift to you, and this is what it's met with. These types of clear cut disputes becoming something that you spill from PMs into the general thread are the reason we add more rules every day and it kills the buzz of what we work very hard to do.

No hard feelings, and I hope to see y'all out again, but I don't understand what the issue is. You're still able to get a $1 coral, and there are a lot of solid corals in there. I apologize if you do not like the variety of $1 corals that are available exclusively to you.

Last edited:

Missro

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well Cody give the runner up the opportunity then for the $1. We've participated in many sales from other vendors. We've always followed rules. We asked for clarification on trying to win a trip to vip before it happened after Wake won the $30 GC. We fully intended to buy more corals once a vip item was selected. Had 3 or 4 additional selected. We've always been open we are in the same household. There's 1 game we both participated in at the same time and that no different than a second person helping someone under 1 username. I mean should we have bout a second shipping module for 2 user names? Seems silly. None the less, give the opportunity to someone else. I won't participate in any future games if people think that's an
@Missro @Wakenbaker420

I hope y'all understand that I do not make the rules and I do what I'm asked. Having said that, what's all this about?

The first post of the first page very clearly says that it's one prize per household and both of y'all live together in the same house, per your admissions. I am always in your corner first and foremost because my goal is to make sure everyone has a good time and walks away happy. I convinced the owner and my collogue to let people have the chance to win twice, because I love giving out goodies to y'all. Y'all won a $30 GC in pregames, which is great! Y'all both come out to our sales and I enjoy seeing regular patrons win! I explained that you need to purchase shipping to qualify for the $30 GC, and in the event that y'all won again, purchasing a coral should be sufficient enough to qualify you for the second prize.

The coral you purchased outside of shipping was a doorbuster (a heavily discounted coral that's meant to be a prize in itself) and you used the gift card to purchase it. You can't qualify for a free gift by using a basically free gift as proof that you're participating in the sale. Despite all that, Dan (the owner of TCK Corals) specifically told me to give you access to the VIP Lounge on the condition that I explained all of this to y'all.

And notice that I keep using "y'all" because both of y'all are sharing the same shipping box and qualify as one person for prizes, despite both of y'all competing for prizes using separate usernames. That's no different than a single person using multiple usernames to get more entries into games, and that's extremely unfair to everyone else in this thread. Despite that, Dan still decided to offer this gift to you, and this is what it's met with. These types of clear cut disputes becoming something that you spill from PMs into the general thread are the reason we add more rules every day and it kills the buzz of what we work very hard to do.

No hard feelings, and I hope to see y'all out again, but I don't understand what the issue is. You're still able to get a $1 coral, and there are a lot of solid corals in there. I apologize if you do not like the variety of $1 corals that are available exclusively to you.
Well, Cody give the runner up the opportunity then for the $1 VIP. We've participated in many sales from other vendors. We've always followed rules and never asked for them to be bent on our behalf. We won't start now.

We asked for clarification on the GC vs VIP when Wake won the $30 GC because it wasnt 100% clear. We were told to buy at least 1 coral. If we had been told no, this would have been a non-issue. We bought 2 door busters. We fully intended to buy more corals once a vip item was selected. We had 3 or 4 additional selected corals based on what we could select in vip. But we hesitated when the code for vip was delayed.

We've always been open we are in the same household. We enjoy this hobby and participate in reef2reef threads together. If that is seen as unfair, give the opportunity to someone else. We never played games intentionally, where 1 person had a better advantage over another.

Never has anyone said it was unfair we participated together until now, and have to make new rules because of "ya'll." I'm sure we're not the only couple on reef2reef, or a household that has more than 1 username on reef2reef. I'm sorry things blew up. But we didn't remove almost half of the available selections left in VIP.

I hope you see it both ways. You've seen us enough in other threads and games to know we are not trying to cheat or get over on anyone. We've always played fair. We never buy more than the alloted "deal" corals for a household where other single usernames have obviously violated those rules due to being new to sales or pure negligence. And we never call anyone out on that to avoid threads turning sour. Once we like a vendor we spend a few hundred per sale. This was the first sale with TCK. I'm sorry things went the way they went, no one wants to see threads like this. But being accused of taking advantage of the games and playing unfair, definetly affects participation in any future sale for any vendor and has totally taken the enjoyment of being in the sales or threads on reef2reef for myself.

So please, to keep it fair give someone else the VIP.

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Agree…TCK is top 3 coral vendors on my list. I purchased more acro from TCK than everywhere else and Dan always takes good care of his customers. It’s unfortunate to see this back and forth happening this morning. It’s not my place to say who’s right and who’s wrong but I can vouch for TCK coral quality and best in industry customer service

brett073

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It happens to the best of us. Last @TCK Corals sale I had a rough day at work so came home and (may or may not) have had a little too much whiskey. Played a game and thought I had clearly won, yet my dumba** didn’t read the rules and I clearly had not won. I was super frustrated and PM them but I was 100% in the wrong. Even though I was wrong they still tried to hook me up and make it right. Everyone just wants these sick VIP passes!

But at the end of the day all @CodyBot and TCK want to do is hook people up and are definitely generous during these live sales. Can’t wait for mine to show up

BluTang85

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
@Missro @Wakenbaker420

Hey I will take any of those 1 dollar corals being runner up lol

Fusion in reefing: How do you feel about grafted corals?

• I strongly prefer grafted corals and I seek them out to put in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
  • I find grafted corals appealing and would be open to having them in my tank.

Votes: 31 72.1%
  • I am indifferent about grafted corals and am not enthusiastic about having them in my tank.

Votes: 8 18.6%
  • I have reservations about grafted corals and would generally avoid having them in my tank.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • I have a negative perception and would avoid having grafted corals in my tank.

Votes: 1 2.3%
Back