TCK Gold Medal ID?

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I just win this coral from the TCK live sale, and I want to make sure I can take care of it. Does anybody know what species this acronym is, or know a way I could go about finding out? Thanks!

Screen Shot 2020-05-24 at 8.12.09 PM.png

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDing a little nub like that with any confidence is not really possible, that being said it shows some microclados traits in the radials shape.

OP
OP
duberii

duberii

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
IDing a little nub like that with any confidence is not really possible, that being said it shows some microclados traits in the radials shape.
I know haha I was hoping somebody recognized the name and knew what species it was. I'll try and get a colony pic if that'll help?

Reef_in_Denver

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would guess it would be generally hardy. Acros are kind of like Zen. Just have to get in a groove and stay there. He will be fine unless you have wildly odd parameters or bottomed out nutrients.

jda

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TCK has named in Gold Medal. No idea about the species. Looks like a pretty common indo that should do well in captivity.

C. Eymann

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here's a colony pic:
DSC_0797.JPG

After seeing the colony, Im leaning more towards nasuta, but hey, could be wrong?
The fact that its been in captivity a while and propagated by the vendor means its a pretty well adjusted hardy coral for being an acropora.

Best of luck with it! very pretty!

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.2%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 70 41.9%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back