TCK Summer Mega Flash Sale! - Aftersale Starting Now 30% OFF with code FLASH30!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
@TCK Corals is the “Candy Tenuis” in the live sale wysiwyg the same tenuis that is on your “colonies” page as “Sweet Candy Tenuis”??
Yes, its morphed quite a bit since we moved the colony to orphek lighting

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the TCK suharsonai need any specific care compared to other acros? like lower par or flow, havent kept many smooth skin acros before

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does the TCK suharsonai need any specific care compared to other acros? like lower par or flow, havent kept many smooth skin acros before
Slightly lower par. We’ve had it for a long time and it does very well in a multitude of habitats

wormnail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slightly unrelated question... I want to get into SPS, and I’ve got an LPS/softie tank rn with nitrates between 20-30ppm... what do I need to do to make my tank hospitable to SPS?

OP
OP
TCK Corals

TCK Corals

Always 100% Aquacultured
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
slightly unrelated question... I want to get into SPS, and I’ve got an LPS/softie tank rn with nitrates between 20-30ppm... what do I need to do to make my tank hospitable to SPS?
Lps/softie tanks usually have different care requirements than sps tanks. We recommend some of the hardiest aquacultured sps to start

dedragon

5000 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Try a bit lower nutrients with water changes, there are really easy sps like montipora digitata and stylo. acros are a bit harder but green slimer and cali tort are probably the easiest

ReefMagnet

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
better to lower nitrate down to 10 for sps. You can do that with weekly water change and if needed dose redsea NOPOX. How about your phosphate level? should be below 0.01 for sps

wormnail

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
better to lower nitrate down to 10 for sps. You can do that with weekly water change and if needed dose redsea NOPOX. How about your phosphate level? should be below 0.01 for sps
i’ve got unreadable phosphate levels, but my nitrates always run high. my LPS don’t seem to mind but obviously that’ll be different for SPS. I do 20% water changes weekly

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 30 17.0%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 18.2%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 76 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.5%
Back