TDO Chroma Boost a BIG WINNER in my tank

SReddi

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, about 2 weeks ago I bought some TDO Choma Boost food to "mix things up" for my fish (prior to this a mix of frozen mysis, brine shrimps and some other well known dry granules)... Let me tell ya all the fish went nuts for this stuff - pair of clowns, royal gamma, starry blenny, diamond goby, lyertail anthias, dottyback, shrimps and hermits.

They all come out to eat this stuff and they are looking great! The frozen shrimps and other foods seem way less appealing to all of them now, yesterday I gave the frozen mysis as I was thinking it would be a treat for them - but a lot of it was left uneaten.

I am very happy with the results thus far and just wanted to share my personal experience (I have no ties to any company, nor do I receive any type of compensation from any one - just sharing what I learn :D )
TDO chroma boost.png

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi all, about 2 weeks ago I bought some TDO Choma Boost food to "mix things up" for my fish (prior to this a mix of frozen mysis, brine shrimps and some other well known dry granules)... Let me tell ya all the fish went nuts for this stuff - pair of clowns, royal gamma, starry blenny, diamond goby, lyertail anthias, dottyback, shrimps and hermits.

They all come out to eat this stuff and they are looking great! The frozen shrimps and other foods seem way less appealing to all of them now, yesterday I gave the frozen mysis as I was thinking it would be a treat for them - but a lot of it was left uneaten.

I am very happy with the results thus far and just wanted to share my personal experience (I have no ties to any company, nor do I receive any type of compensation from any one - just sharing what I learn :D )
TDO chroma boost.png
Compared to the common feeds that are stocked in LFS for years, it’s light years better. For example, if I took spectrum and fed it to 12 millimeter southern founder larvae, they would all die of starvation and malnutrition, but they survived and did well with Otohime during my time rearing marine teleost larvae.

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

That's awesome - thanks for sharing! I also have had great results with @Reef Nutrition products!

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That's awesome - thanks for sharing! I also have had great results with @Reef Nutrition products!
Ha, that’s the same folks that import Otohime from Japan. Howdy Chad! They are super good folks. We were buying thousands of dollars in super concentrated algae paste, and Otohime from them while I was doing my grad work rearing larvae. Used the paste to grow rotifers, and weaning the larvae from rotifers directly to Otohime, which was a big deal at the time.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

TDO chroma boost.png

Thanks for your comments. TDO continues to be valuable to hobbyists and those that are working in aquaculture. Its versatility is astonishing, even to us. I just saw someone, the other day, feeding it to a shark, and another customer feeding it to pipefish.

This product comes in a variety of sizes and is also applicable for corals: many people are having success feeding TDO Small and Extra Small to LPS, mushrooms, Zoanthids and Palythoa. You can even feed the medium to anemones. We also have some customers trying the powdered form, TDO A, to feed to their SPS corals!

To everyone else here sounding off about their success with this product, thanks! If you ever have any questions, don't hesitate to reach out. We appreciate your support and thanks so much for giving TDO a try.

Best,
Chad

Last edited:

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ha, that’s the same folks that import Otohime from Japan. Howdy Chad! They are super good folks. We were buying thousands of dollars in super concentrated algae paste, and Otohime from them while I was doing my grad work rearing larvae. Used the paste to grow rotifers, and weaning the larvae from rotifers directly to Otohime, which was a big deal at the time.

What are you up to these days? Still breeding fish? Thanks for chiming in with your experience with our products. :)

Best,
Chad

rushbattle

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What are you up to these days? Still breeding fish? Thanks for chiming in with your experience with our products. :)

Best,
Chad
No fish breeding or larval rearing for me these days. I went into the oilfield and stayed in involved with aquaculture through my contacts and doing some investing. Terrible move! ;Blackeye Lost all my money, etc.

I've got a 370 gallon display and a 270 gallon coral system firing up in a few months, so that is how I am staying sharp. Who knows when Marine Harvest, Tyson, or Cooke might need someone to be the Global Director of Aquaculture? :D

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
No fish breeding or larval rearing for me these days. I went into the oilfield and stayed in involved with aquaculture through my contacts and doing some investing. Terrible move! ;Blackeye Lost all my money, etc.

I've got a 370 gallon display and a 270 gallon coral system firing up in a few months, so that is how I am staying sharp. Who knows when Marine Harvest, Tyson, or Cooke might need someone to be the Global Director of Aquaculture? :D

Can't wait to see your systems! Glad to hear you are still in the fight.

Chad

FREAKINRICAN69

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0

Best,
Chad
What’s best one to start off with as I give them an array of foods but like the thought off everything in the tank benefiting from this food from my soon to be setup auto feeder while I’m on vacation. Any if all help is greatly appreciated.

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've been using it and the Fish like it. The only problem for me is it floats to much when I use the auto feed and most of it gets channeled into the drain box.

Do they make a sinking version?

Daniel@R2R

Living the Reef Life
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I've been using it and the Fish like it. The only problem for me is it floats to much when I use the auto feed and most of it gets channeled into the drain box.

Do they make a sinking version?
I pour it into a feeder tube (a feeder ring should do the same thing). It floats in there until it sinks, so none goes down the overflow. :cool:

Lavey29

10K Club member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I pour it into a feeder tube (a feeder ring should do the same thing). It floats in there until it sinks, so none goes down the overflow. :cool:
Yes may have to try that but not sure how it would attach to the eheim unit that sits atop the drain box 2.5 inches above the water line. My fish won't surface feed at all either.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

homer1475

Figuring out the hobby one coral at a time.
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Feeding rings usually attach to the glass by a magnet, not the auto feeder.

My fish go nuts for TDO! I feed daily a mix of NLS, algae max, and TDO. I don't if it's the red color, or what, but my fish seek out the TDO before feeding on the others.

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 9 24.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 31 83.8%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 7 18.9%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 1 2.7%
  • Other

Votes: 2 5.4%
Back