TDO for clownfish coloring?

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
My clowns are SA clowns that I’ve had almost 2 years. They’ve been on SA food this entire time. I’ve been hearing about TDO helping to “color up” the clownfish.
1. Is this a nutritionally complete food?
2. Does anyone have pictures they could post of differences in color change of their clowns?

Reverend Turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes it is nutritionally complete.
Here's a pic of my pair. One eating TDO daily for about a month, the other only a week.
20201014_165921.jpg

Reverend Turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
TDO Chroma boost is from Reef Nutrition.

OP
OP
leighla wolf

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wowowow! Great information from the video and from the link! Thank you! Now does anyone know sizing for the food? They’re currently on .8 mm SA pellets and pretty small (about 1.5 inches) and about 1.5 years old or so. They handle these pellets really well and I don’t want them choking! I would definitely like to mix it up because they’re fed 2x a day, little pigs that they are!

Labora

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smaller clowns should take small but medium is good for adults ocellaris and young clarkiis.

My clowns love it but I only recently learned that this needs to be refrigerated. Hoping mine is still good as I never have.

Reverend Turtle

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
smaller clowns should take small but medium is good for adults ocellaris and young clarkiis.

My clowns love it but I only recently learned that this needs to be refrigerated. Hoping mine is still good as I never have.
Doesn't absolutely need refrigeration, it increases shelf life up to a year or more. If it absolutely had to be refrigerated, they wouldn't recommend it for auto feeders.
I know I was confused about it too, but logically it couldn't spend a week in an auto feeder if it had to be kept cold.

Reef Nutrition

We Feed Your Reef
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

It's ok that you haven't refrigerated it. We recommend refrigeration for long term storage, but some hobbyists don't and have reported nothing negative.

OP
OP
leighla wolf

leighla wolf

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just an update, pictures of approximately 1 month and 2 months on TDO. Sorry for the poor quality, I really need a good camera, or a better phone.
20201107_141612.jpg
20201107_141616.jpg
Yeah your pictures and claim actually convinced me to order some! Haha. My two pigs love it and it has now been added to the rotation (SA, TDO, and Rods once a week as a treat). We shall see how it goes! If anything it’s just a different food for them to enjoy. Apparently I grossly overfeed considering I let each clown eat about 15 pellets....they are now limited to five since my female has developed a box shape. A friend who’s reefed longer than me said she was the most obese fish he ever saw. :) it honestly didn’t bother me but I don’t want her developing issues due to obesity.

Tcook

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
How do these two foods compare to the pellet version of Formula 1&2 from Ocean Nutrition?

Being sticky and staying connected: Have you used any reef-safe glue?

• I have used reef safe glue.

Votes: 98 88.3%
  • I haven’t used reef safe glue, but plan to in the future.

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • I have no interest in using reef safe glue.

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 3 2.7%
Back