TDS meter reading 0 at stage 6 and 1 at stage 7

Ecotech Marine

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
I've got the brs 7 stage rodi system. After stage 6 u get a TDS reading of 0, but after stage 7 it goes up to 1. any idea what's going on? I've never had that issue before. All new resin in the system, the carbon reads 0 chlorine on one of those test strips.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

P-Dub

The ocean is open to all, merciful to none.
View Badges
Reaction score
I've got the brs 7 stage rodi system. After stage 6 u get a TDS reading of 0, but after stage 7 it goes up to 1. any idea what's going on? I've never had that issue before. All new resin in the system, the carbon reads 0 chlorine on one of those test strips.
WHat order are the DI resins in?

ocboat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
If you are measuring TDS with a dual or triple TDS meter can you change the probes around and see if you are getting the same readings?

First Choice
OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
can't figure out why the DI resin on the last stage would add tds. its practically unused.

ocboat

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I'm not sure either. How much water have you ran through it? When I replaced my DI resin with a couple of new SpectraPure cartridges I had to run the water through them for a few minutes before they read zero.

OP
S

SeeFu

View Badges
Reaction score
i got tired of researching. just replaced the di resign. should have done that to begin with instead of starting by replacing anion. anion was only aout 1/2 used and di resin was basically 90% unused.

Aquarium Specialty - dry goods & marine livestock

Would you be interested in seeing the Reef of the Month come back?

• YES

Votes: 478 95.0%
  • NO

Votes: 21 4.2%
  • Other (please explain in the thread)

Votes: 4 0.8%

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors
Coral Frenzy