teffo, contstant temperature & 4 ch controller, smart your aquarium

pecan2phat

View Badges
Reaction score
Looks like a good modern alternative to the defunct Digital Aquatics RKL, good job AquaMutant!
Question though, will you eventually have add on module capabilities for PH monitoring?
Are the magnetic temperature probe replaceable since they eventually malfunction?
Is this an app based software for a mobile device? If so, is it IOS, Android or both?

OP
AquaMutant

AquaMutant

teffo Smart Your Aquarium
View Badges
Reaction score
Looks like a good modern alternative to the defunct Digital Aquatics RKL, good job AquaMutant!
Question though, will you eventually have add on module capabilities for PH monitoring?
Are the magnetic temperature probe replaceable since they eventually malfunction?
Is this an app based software for a mobile device? If so, is it IOS, Android or both?
PH, water level and senility stand-alone products in 2019, add these sensors through wifi with the same app.

All our probes use 3.5mm phone jack for easy replacement, besides ph (BNC).

Yes, native app for both, available on App Store and google play market now. Search “FishCare”.

cunninghamT1

View Badges
Reaction score
PH, water level and senility stand-alone products in 2019, add these sensors through wifi with the same app.

Yes, native app for both, available on App Store and google play market now. Search “FishCare”.
good to have 3.5mm con... :)

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score

Is it possible to access the controller without the app? Could we use a web browser to go to the controller's IP and program it through a web page?

OP
AquaMutant

AquaMutant

View Badges
Reaction score
Is it possible to access the controller without the app? Could we use a web browser to go to the controller's IP and program it through a web page?
must be app, "FishCare" is native app (both iOS/Android), creates TLSv2 tunnel within AWS and teffo.
some devices' security is weak, even doesn't have SSL agent through browser (https).

the advantage of native app are security and more efficient, etc.
bad is waste lots of engineering resource, especially Android OS.

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
must be app, "FishCare" is native app (both iOS/Android), creates TLSv2 tunnel within AWS and teffo.
some devices' security is weak, even doesn't have SSL agent through browser (https).

the advantage of native app are security and more efficient, etc.
bad is waste lots of engineering resource, especially Android OS.
The downside of an app that works the way you describe is that it requires your servers to work. If you go out of business, this controller is now a brick without the backend infrastructure. I'm not wishing ill on your company, but it's unfortunately the reality of the modern world.

Is there a plan to implement a local-only mode that can run without external servers and infrastructure?

OP
AquaMutant

AquaMutant

View Badges
Reaction score
The downside of an app that works the way you describe is that it requires your servers to work. If you go out of business, this controller is now a brick without the backend infrastructure. I'm not wishing ill on your company, but it's unfortunately the reality of the modern world.

Is there a plan to implement a local-only mode that can run without external servers and infrastructure?
We do implement the local mode while internet stop working, ie., wifi disconnected, server broken, forget to pay the bill to isp, teffo works still based on the rules setup before. teffo always saves rules in local memory as backup.

Only set/change the rule/socket/parameter requires server and internet. once above items been set, leave it, teffo works no matter backend infrastructure is there or not.

At last, honestly, team do think about set/change the rule/socket/parameter in local mode based on IP, however, it seems complicated to most of people, even find out what’s the correct IP.

My point of view, modern world needs easy way to get things done with security, then server can’t be avoided sometimes. You really bring me a good topic, will think about it seriously, thank you!

chipmunkofdoom2

Always Making Something
View Badges
Reaction score
We do implement the local mode while internet stop working, ie., wifi disconnected, server broken, forget to pay the bill to isp, teffo works still based on the rules setup before. teffo always saves rules in local memory as backup.

Only set/change the rule/socket/parameter requires server and internet. once above items been set, leave it, teffo works no matter backend infrastructure is there or not.

At last, honestly, team do think about set/change the rule/socket/parameter in local mode based on IP, however, it seems complicated to most of people, even find out what’s the correct IP.

My point of view, modern world needs easy way to get things done with security, then server can’t be avoided sometimes. You really bring me a good topic, will think about it seriously, thank you!
Good information, thank you. I think you're right, having the app/server setup that you mention is the easiest for users. That still leaves the problem of what happens if your company goes out of business. You might just choose to retire this product line years down the road and no longer provider server backend access for this controller. I don't personally like products that tie me to any company's IT infrastructure if I can avoid them.

An option for local mode would be nice. Still, I'm sure this will be fine for most users :)

OP
AquaMutant

AquaMutant

View Badges
Reaction score
Good information, thank you. I think you're right, having the app/server setup that you mention is the easiest for users. That still leaves the problem of what happens if your company goes out of business. You might just choose to retire this product line years down the road and no longer provider server backend access for this controller. I don't personally like products that tie me to any company's IT infrastructure if I can avoid them.

An option for local mode would be nice. Still, I'm sure this will be fine for most users :)
Agree with you, an option is good to users, will think about how to run local mode through app without any security concern.

AquaMutant_David

View Badges
Reaction score
Look's nice, how many times it will inform by mobile when temp abnormal?
Mobile notification every time when temperature abnormal once now. We are consider to design for user to set up the alarm time and times in near future.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors