Tell Me What To Buy!

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay, I have a 25 gallon IM lagoon. The intended habitants unfortunately died before getting to enjoy their new home. So I am in a position where I have a COLR (corals only live rock!) tank. I have been researching what to stock in there, and I am finding conflicting information (chromis, for example). The habitat has plenty of hiding space, soft sand and live rock. So what would you stock? Difficulty: no bengaii cardinals, shark nose or neon gobies (still heart broken) or clowns (meanies).

Born2beblack

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Blennys are cool i think lol
Dottbacks
Damsiles but some can be bullies

Check out a nano stocking video

David_Carrera

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tail spot or lawnmower blenny, yellow watchman goby, fire fish, basslet, jawfish. a court jester goby is a cool looking fish too. Just throwing some ideas.

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not a fish, but throw in a peppermint shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni). He’ll most likely get aptasia before you’ll ever see it.

A peppermint shrimp has always been the first inhabitant in all of my tanks and I have never had an issue with aptasia.

OP
OP
MeMyFishandI

MeMyFishandI

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everybody for your input. I did some research, watched A LOT of videos and I think I narrowed it down to the following:
1. Yellow or Blue Assessor
2. Royal Gramma
3. Pink Streak Wrasse
4. Tail Spot Blenny
5. Yellow Watchman Goby
6. Hi Fin Banded Goby
7. Blue or Green Mandarin - I am hesitant to get the Mandarin because it looks like it may cost upwards in $20 per month for food. Thoughts?

In the non-fish category a peppermint shrimp as Victor_C3 recommended and a Pistol Shrimp.

What would you choose out of that line up? I want to have no more than three fish.

Not a fish, but throw in a peppermint shrimp (Lysmata wurdemanni).

I read that peppermint shrimp like to nibble on corals. Have you found this to be the case?

Victor_C3

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks everybody for your input. I did some research, watched A LOT of videos and I think I narrowed it down to the following:
1. Yellow or Blue Assessor
2. Royal Gramma
3. Pink Streak Wrasse
4. Tail Spot Blenny
5. Yellow Watchman Goby
6. Hi Fin Banded Goby
7. Blue or Green Mandarin - I am hesitant to get the Mandarin because it looks like it may cost upwards in $20 per month for food. Thoughts?

In the non-fish category a peppermint shrimp as Victor_C3 recommended and a Pistol Shrimp.

What would you choose out of that line up? I want to have no more than three fish.

I’ve heard that peppermint shrimp will nip at LPS and I’m not sure whether they’ll go after softies as well.

The last time I had a softy tank was in 2006-2007 and I haven’t kept any LPS since 2010, so I don’t have any experience with this issue. They’ve never bothered my SPS.

Honestly, I say put one in your tank and be sure to have a plastic bottle to make a shrimp/crab trap on hand in the event you need to remove him.

2A9BA7EA-CCF7-4F7B-AF56-FD8300014B33.jpeg

Just cut the top off the bottle, invert it as shown, and put a 1/2 cube of frozen food in it.

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Tell Me What To Buy ?? and . . . Thank You !

Buy me a Mustard tank and an adult Unicorn Tang !!

vetteguy53081

Well known Member and monster tank lover
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
13   0   0

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back