Tell me your BAD DREAMS that YOU have HAD about your REEF tank

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
After having quite a few of these bad dreams myself, I wanted to see what some of y’all’s bad dreams were. Last night, I dreamed some random person was handing out hand sanitizer to people at my house for some reason and he thought it would be a good idea to give some to my fish. I want to here from you though because I know I’m not the only crazy person out there!

zalick

A cup of water and a dash of salt
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank leaking all the water out overnight. About 1000 of those. Such that I got rid of my glass 300g and got acrylic.

another is that I forget to feed the tank or top off for weeks. Then I remember and the tanks are half full and you can’t see in them.

Mystery eel shows up in tank and eats all fish.

the list goes on....

:rolleyes:

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tank leaking all the water out overnight. About 1000 of those. Such that I got rid of my glass 300g and got acrylic.

another is that I forget to feed the tank or top off for weeks. Then I remember and the tanks are half full and you can’t see in them.

Mystery eel shows up in tank and eats all fish.

the list goes on....

:rolleyes:
I have had quite a few of those tank leak dreams.

Reefer Reboot

F.V.P.!
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typical leaking tank nightmare but so vivid it woke me up. Once I was awake enough to realize it was only a dream I could still hear the water. My dogs are very noisy when they slurp their water!;Facepalm

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Typical leaking tank nightmare but so vivid it woke me up. Once I was awake enough to realize it was only a dream I could still hear the water. My dogs are very noisy when they slurp their water!;Facepalm
I dont know what it is with everyone dreaming about a leaking tank. So many other issues the could go wrong

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Squish. That about says it.

Good friend of mine spent the last 6 months building a system around a 250DD tank he picked up. Beautiful setup. Nice display quality sump, Kessel + Orphek lighting, Gyres... top of the line. Filled it up a couple of months ago. Migrated his 180 over, and sold off the old tank...

Front / bottom seal gave up.

Early this year, I found a slow leak in an RO/DI connection... How'd I find it? Stepped into the sump closet, carpet is soaked.

Squish.

My nightmares are all about wet socks. No worse feeling for an aquarist.

ying yang

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
New to saltwater so no bad dreams as of yet, but buying some coral frag and getting some nasty egg of something like a bobbit worm i think they called which doesnt get killed in dipping or doesnt hatch in qt and then slowly grows larger and larger in dt and start losing fish unexplained then bam whollop shazam you see it launch an attack and grab one your fish into the sand.
As i say not had this dream/ nightmare but i do get concerned that may get some nasty bug or critter in tank as see some real horror stories while researching.
P.s even bristle worms make my skin itch looking at them ha ha.
Only said today in a post if my 3 year old daughter around i act tough and pick spiders/ insects or even earth worms at last weeks bbq in garden but when daughter not around this 42 year old man not so manly lol.

P.p.s note to myself if ever have bobbit worm in tank then make sure my 3 year old is around watching so just get on with it and catch the little bigger ^_^

Greybeard

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I dont know what it is with everyone dreaming about a leaking tank. So many other issues the could go wrong
From your sig line... a 32g biocube.

Unlikely to leak, and if it did... so you've got a mess to clean up.

Several hundred gallons of seawater can do a HUGE amount of damage to your home. In tank disasters, as sad as they may be, just can't compare.

OP
OP
Ocean’s Piece

Ocean’s Piece

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
From your sig line... a 32g biocube.

Unlikely to leak, and if it did... so you've got a mess to clean up.

Several hundred gallons of seawater can do a HUGE amount of damage to your home. In tank disasters, as sad as they may be, just can't compare.
Very thankful for that. I think its just something mental that goes on in our heads where we think glass breaks easily and apply it to our aquariums next
I once siphoned a 3" bristle worm into my mouth...

You get over it. Alcohol helps :D
Currently gagging over here

Last edited:

BeltedCoyote

Philosopher king of the Memes
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If my tank is in my dream my skunk shrimp usually eats me. Not sure how to interpret that

Internet Win GIF

SamMule

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Waking up to mass RTN...
I've actually gotten up in the middle of the night to make sure it wasn't real.
More than once.

Slayyyter

View Badges
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I think mine is a bobbit crawling out of my tank and draging me to my demise ;Dead

Caring for your picky eaters: What do you feed your finicky fish?

• Live foods

Votes: 20 31.3%
  • Frozen meaty foods

Votes: 52 81.3%
  • Soft pellets

Votes: 10 15.6%
  • Masstick (or comparable)

Votes: 7 10.9%
  • Other

Votes: 3 4.7%
Back