Tell us about your hobbies outside of R2R

motortrendz

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Nice! Its a SRW 3500 Duramax. I went with the 6" zone lift kit. Thinking about dropping it to a 4". instlled everything myself. I turn wrenches for Carmax so no need to pay that labor price
It's always better that way anyway. Alot of these dealer installed kits are done horribly by the contractors. And we always get stuck fixing all the squeaks and creaks from them lol

sergifed91

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
@Santa Claus posted a thread yesterday asking everyone to describe their tanks.
If you haven't posted yet the thread can be found here.

Today I'd like to hear about your hobbies outside of reefing.
What do you do that isn't saltwater related?
#SecretSanta2019
out side of reefing. I enjoy fishing. also playing my PS4 when I have time. when My friends are at home playing video games and ignoring there wives and kids or going out to a bar all the time and ignore their wife and kids. I really enjoy being with my fiancé and spending time with her. watching movies, cooking and eating dinner with her or dining out. I prefer being with her than just ignoring her and playing video games. we spend every moment we can together.

NewbsReef

View Badges
Reaction score
It's always better that way anyway. Alot of these dealer installed kits are done horribly by the contractors. And we always get stuck fixing all the squeaks and creaks from them lol

Oh i know. And the mark up is ridiculous. The dealer wanted close to $10k to do the head gaskets but i ending up doing myself in about 26hrs. The longest part was waiting on the heads to get back from the shop.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My other hobby is RC 3D helicopters . It’s adrenaline rush every time I fly them.

99C0379B-4265-4B08-8D97-24B77EADB534.png

leahfiish

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Pc gaming (favorite game right now is slay the spire) and and board gaming (favorite is spirit island and I have all of the expansions for it). I especially love Co-op games that are strategic so I can play w/ my boyfriend and work on the same team. I also have a small plant collection on my porch. Just a monstera (that is doing great!) and some cacti.

When I have a free day or weekend I also like to go hiking and bird or nature watching.

Tuan’s Reef

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I tried rc heli could fly in the computer simulator perfect went out in a field crashed in 2 minutes lol. 140 to fix it sold it that day went back to nitro buggies

I hear ya! Spent thousands first month into it. Crashed a bunch of times but finally learned my orientations first before going into 3D with the heli. My hands shake every time I fly since it’s costs around $1000 each and crashing hurts my wallet

JoshH

Tank Status: Wet...ish, growing things....
View Badges
Reaction score
I hear ya! Spent thousands first month into it. Crashed a bunch of times but finally learned my orientations first before going into 3D with the heli. My hands shake every time I fly since it’s costs around $1000 each and crashing hurts my wallet

I've always been wanting to get into scale RC helos but the $10,000+ price tag on some of them and the cost of crashes potentially reaching into the thousands has the wife saying that's a firm no. ;Hilarious

Last edited:

Llorgon

View Badges
Reaction score
Outside of reefing:
hockey, hiking, going to the gym, swimming, video games(ps4 & switch), board games, computer programming
tech and home automation(just starting to play around with home automation more)
water sports, wakeboarding, wakesurfing, boating, jet skis

Jon Fishman

Cleveland Ohio, buy/sell local!
View Badges
Reaction score
You know, I actually had a bad habit of just buying every new release I thought was going to be good and now my living room straight up reminds me of ol Blockbuster lol. So I try to limit myself to digital copies on my PS4. I'm a horror/thriller/suspense fan, but I like scifi type stuff too. Comedies. I also like gaming a bit, first person shooters are my jam. But I dig the classics too. All time favorite game was Shadow of the Colossus. I have a PS4 and XBOX One, currently playing Gears of War 5.

I have over 2,000 Blu-rays, including everything Criterion released up to their first 500 or so, and I stopped cold turkey!

The home audio enthusiast in me hates myself, but thinking about the money sunk into something that will soon be disposable is sickening

Flippers4pups

Fins up since 1993
View Badges
Reaction score
Hi All,
I have a couple things now, the newest is building BMX Bicycles for the adults ;)
38 front.jpeg
38 side 2.jpeg
redline1.jpg
porkchop1.jpg
champion.jpg
ruff.jpg

Pretty cool! I see you like cruisers. I raced for Co factory Panda back in the day on their Pro Am and later in the early 2000's for Co factory Red Line on a cruiser.

Me on a Cooks Bros when I first got started, circa 1980.
IMG_20190618_191941.jpg

Tuffyyyyy

2500 Club Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Call of Duty?

I am sponsoring a team next year, It is going to be hilarious :p.

Sponsoring in what way? I'm out of the loop on how things work these days but sponsoring a team has always been a dream of mine. Awesome of you to do that for people.

Anyone have turtles? I'm trying to convince my wife that we need to get some turtles for our back yard this spring. The issue is that I'm not sure how/where to research them besides following Camp Kenan on YouTube.

Tom Blevins

Acroholic
View Badges
Reaction score
Pretty cool! I see you like cruisers. I raced for Co factory Panda back in the day on their Pro Am and later in the early 2000's for Co factory Red Line on a cruiser.

Me on a Cooks Bros when I first got started, circa 1980.
IMG_20190618_191941.jpg

Too Funny, that is the almost the same time frame I raced for FMF in 76 & 77 on the aluminum frames :)

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 30 18.1%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 27 16.3%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 32 19.3%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 69 41.6%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.8%
Back