Tell us about your tank!!

Santa Claus

View Badges
Reaction score
Hi R2R Secret Santa participants!!

We'll be posting a number of different threads to help keep us getting to know each other (and of course to provide info for your Secret Santa that might be helpful when they buy your gifts). So today's topic is YOUR TANK! Make a post telling us about what kind of tank you keep. Be sure to tell us details like what size it is, what types of animals you have, equipment specs are a good idea too. If you have a picture, post it up!!

Let's keep this fun!! Tell us about your tank!!

#SecretSanta2019

Crabs McJones

I'm so shi-nay
View Badges
Reaction score
The term barren wasteland comes to mind

But I have a 75 gallon talk
Some day it'll be SPS dominant mainly with Acropora and Millepora (some encrusting monti as well)
It's currently stocked with 11 fish
Yellow Tang
Kole Tang
Tomini Tang
Potters Angel
Picasso Clown
Ocellaris Clown
Orchid Dottyback
Carpenters Wrasse
Bi Color Blenny
Exqusite Firefish
Mag Foxface
Whole system is controlled with an Apex EL with a DOS dosing BRS 2 Part
Run a Reef Octopus 110 INT Skimmer
Refugium lit by a Kessil H380
Cobalt Neotherm 300 Watt Heater (would really like to get my hands on the new BRS titanium heater)
Sicce Syncra 4.0 Return pump

Tank is lit by two Hydra 26 HD's with the Aquatic Life T5 running 4 ATI Blue+

Wave makers I have a pair of Ice Cap Gyre 3K's

I think thats everything

1573681202055.png

Last edited:

Peach02

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a mini reef 120 so its 60x45x45cm or 33 gallons total
Ai prime HD light
oddball powerhead
its mixed but the three sps are struggling
I have a yellow tang, coral beauty, 2 clownfish and a melanarus wrasse
I have a coral box ato
The rest of the equipment comes with the mini reef

Im also planning a 5'2'2 reef tank and researching sumps, making a cabinet and saving for marco rock, cement and sand plus a quarentene tank
899A03E5-FD2C-4E4E-9A13-69610405B70E.jpeg

Stang67

KEEP CALM AND REEF ON
View Badges
Reaction score
? kind of tank you keep
Currently running a 29g. Its been up now for a little over 7m. I am in the process of doing some renovations for the 60g low boy/frag tank upgrade.
Current livestock is just 2 clowns and a blue sapphire damsel. Corals include about 15 different kinds of zoas (i honestly stopped counting) a toadstool and a couple mushrooms, a mix of other LPS (blasto, candy cane, frammer, chalice, favia, HW stunner) and one SPS (basically just to see if i can keep it alive) Basic clean up crew of hermits, dwarf Ceriths, Nerites. Basic set up including HOB filter w. filter floss, MarsAqua light, ATO/skimmer combo, small hydor for flow.
For the upgrade i plan on getting another light, a skimmer for the 40G breeder sump and fresh sand. I would also like a few more fish but nothing fancy or expensive maybe a couple chromis, a blenny or goby and maybe a very small tang. I really would like a dragonet but that wont happen right away.
I just completed my basement water change station where the sump will be as well. Have all the stuff ready to go i just need my other to come over and "help" me lay the new flooring upstairs. i pulled out the carpet an am going with some vinyl plank instead.
I started small because i wasn't sure if I would enjoy the hobby. I have found myself very much enjoying it. I test my parameters weekly still and do a weekly water change as well. Coraline has started to grow in the tank and i actually was able to frag my first corals (zoas, didn't kill myself) a few weeks ago. I have a feeling that it wont be long until the 60g will be used as a dedicated frag tank and another upgrade will take place.
clip_image001.jpg
tank.jpg
clip_image001.jpg

Mr Fishface

View Badges
Reaction score
Well i have a 125 gallon display tank. Soon to be zoa dominated! Maybe one day I'll make it zoa and sps dominate. I have a few tangs(blue, yellow, tomini, orange shoulder), a pygmy angel, a yellow and purple wrasse, and 4 bengaii cardinals. I have a couple lps, a torch and hammer right now, couple sps, 2 red digi, 2 different montis and cyphrasta or however its spelt, a number of mushrooms and zoas. I'm looking forward to a big order soon of zoas, shrooms and soft corals. I run 2 kessil 360we and a 4 foot long t5 system. The system can use 8 bulbs total but i only use 4 above my tank right now. If i get heavier into sps i may utilize the other 4 bulbs one day.

I have a 55 gallon sump with 2 filter socks running. I have a bubble magus curve 5 protein skimmer and refugium with a 150w grow light above it filled with caulerpa prolifera. I also have a 40b attached frag tank, formerly my display refugium, that currently houses a boxfish almost an inch and a half big and a 2 inch one spot foxface. I recently set up a 250w metal halide over my frag tank too. I'm getting a new bulb for it today but its an old ballest and reflector.

Can't think of much else to share. I love my tank and love making little changes. I just recently changed the plumbing from the frag tank into the sump so it now shares a filter sock with my lower flow dt drain.

Arcticwolf

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a RSR 350, I think it's like 90 some gallons. Currently a mixed reef running a macro fuge with a kessil H380, Red Sea skimmer and octo varios 8 return. I have a 6x54w ATI Sunpower dimmable growing out my first successful round of sticks. Nothing fancy, in case I killed them lol. I have a bit of everything, a couple of bounce shrooms and jawbreakers too, 3 clowns, 1 chromis and a 6 line wrasse. I originally purchased a stocked RSR 250 that had 7 clowns and a bunch of serpent stars so I carried that livestock over into this tank when I decided to go bigger. I didn't want that many clowns so I sold off 4 and couldn't catch the last little guy so he stayed. Somehow the 3 get along just fine and have for years now. Even had the 2 larger ones laying and hatching eggs for awhile. Don't ask me how it works lol, somehow it just does. I also decided to start a smaller frag tank but haven't set it up yet. That's a Waterbox 28.2 with a kessil A360x. Going barebottom on that one but just haven't had the time to get it up and running.
20190421_214255.jpg

Ook Sag

Community Member
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a 60 gal Innovative Marine Nuvo Pro.

Stock List
tri color leopard wrasse
solaris wrasse
yellow watchman goby
midas blenny
orange spot goby
mandarin dragonet
Arrow crab
two skunk cleaner shrimp
4 peppermint shrimp
brittle starfish

Coral list
Mainly LPS with duncans, acans, and favia
also lots of zoas
couple sps to see how it grows

Lighted by 2 ai prime HDs and a duo true blue t5 fixture
also have chaeto reactor

FTS11.12.jpeg

Spaceshrimp

View Badges
Reaction score
I have a 29 gallon biocube
Lighting is a galaxyhydro
Livestock is 2 clowns, a firefish,and a yellow clown goby along with cerith snails and blue hermits
The coral i have is a hammer ,acans,zoas,a ricordea, and a galxiea

crawling junk

View Badges
Reaction score
I have 60 cube
mixed reef with easy acro and bunch of lps and some zoa on the bottom
I have bristletooth tang, lawnmower blenny, fire shrimp, platimum clown , snowflake clown
mp10 x2
radion xr30 pro
skimz sump
skimz skimmer
m1 return pump
apex classic gold
DOS
Avast marine ATO

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
The term barren wasteland comes to mind
Barren waste land maybe but look at all the people you helped.
@Stang67 i agree. Every great painter had to start over. Every great master piece started with a blank canvas or covered a bad one.

sp1187

bird flu antidote
View Badges
Reaction score
The Water Box System
150 Tall in wall
AquaRay Lighting System
Marine Pure Bio Blocks & SURF4X algae scrubber in sump
Reef Savvy Ghost Overflow
Gyre Maxspect XF230 x2
SICCE Syncra SDC 9.0 return pump
Scape is fabricated (no live rock in the system)
Six Stage RODI

Current Live Stock List

Fish:

Fox Face, Lamark Angel, Combtooth Blenny, Two Spot Blenny, Bi-Color Dottyback,
Orchid Dottyback, Citrinis Clown Goby, Six Line Wrasse,
Kaudern's Cardinal x2, Pajama Cardinal x2, Ocellaris Clown x2,
Lyretail Damsel x3, Green Chromis x4, Lyretail Anthias x4

Inverts:
BTA x2, Mini-Max Nems x9,
Harlequin, Skunk Cleaner x2, Blood Red Fire x2,
Nem Crab, Hermits (lots),
Mussels, Turbo's, Nassarius, Fighting Conch, Strawberry Conch
Hawaiian Feather Duster

Soft Corals:
Leathers, Chili, Blue, Xenia, Zoas, Mushrooms, GSP, Clove, Gorgonias

Stony Corals:
Alveopora, Sun, Monti, Blasto's

Additional Clean-Up Crew:
Bristle worms, Spaghetti Worms, Asterina Starfish, Brittle Starfish

101519.jpg

Aldemirgen

View Badges
Reaction score
well i am really new to hobby i only have 60g custom tank but i can't set up yet because equipment failures or replace and faulty floor so still trying to fix them but my aim is to have start with some softies and lps i really wanna have one blue tang there with purple firefish and of course clowns :) here empty tank for waiting lights and floor fixing :)
WhatsApp Image 2019-11-14 at 22.06.14.jpeg

Dierks

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
Hey Everyone! I figured I would keep this short and sweet as i have a build thread i try to keep up-to-date. Feel free to stop on over and take a look if you like! I only have one fish in my Tank as of right now as I look for the fish I want to keep. I need semi-agressive that can keep up with a full grown 6 Line Wrasse. He has been with me since the beginning and really is a great fish. Have lots of coral, but the tank isnt ready for SPS yet as its only 3 months old.

I also started up a small 13 Gallon Cold Water Tank, right now I only have 2 Red Collar Snails in there but plan for a Catalina Goby (I used to live in San Clemente CA and wanted to create a Tank for the water I used to surf.)

IMG_20191113_193824.jpg

DMG Reef

Valuable Member
View Badges
Reaction score
My tank is a RSR XL 425. I set it up in April after tearing down my 5-year old 75 gallon reef tank. It's 112 gallon mixed reef. I decided to get the largest tank that I could reasonably maintain. I didn't want my hobby to feel like a job and this tank is a good fit for me.

I have 5 fish that I bought in 2014. They are pets to me just like my cat and dog.

As far as equipment, a doser keeps my parameters stable, for flow I have an Icecap 3k gyre pump and recently added two VCA random flow generators that I absolutely love.

As far as ideas for my Secret Santa, I regularly dose Acropower and Red Sea Colors Program. I also use the Tropic Marin Balling Method.

50F0147F-D5C3-4440-8A0E-FB57EA6A9C1C.jpeg

Peace River

Thrive Master
View Badges
Reaction score
I have about 30 tanks ranging from 5g to 150g including both FW and SW. I recently set up a 10g IM cube which has a pair of clowns. I also have a natural looking 55g SW tank that you can see in my build thread. Additionally I just finished cycling two 55g tanks that are split into 4 compartments each that will be used for a clownfish breeding system. In 2020 (among other things) I plan to convert a 75g and a 30g to saltwater systems for additional breeding capacity. The list goes on from there!

sfin52

So many pedestrians so little time
View Badges
Reaction score
In 0ct 2014 heather (wife) gave me. 75gal tank and told me to have fish in it by Christmas.
75 gal tank
Fx4 canister filter
75 lbs rock
Sea clone protien skimmer
2 t5 fixtures both running 1 10k and antic
Fluval led 3.0

Fish
Maroon clown
Sailfin tang
4 b/g chromis
Royal Gramma
Green clown. Goby
Yellow clown goby
Yellow watchman
Coral beauty
Leapord wrasse

Inverts
Snails
Tiger sand conch
Nassarius snails
Trochus snails
Cerith snails

Hermits
Blue legged
Red legged
Haloween hermit

Odd ball
Sea hare

Coral
Bta
Rfa
All kinds of leathers
Zoa/paly
Kenya tree
Lobo only lps.
IMG_20191105_205954476.jpg

BGrand

Only dead fish swim with the stream.
View Badges
Reaction score
I have a 54 gallon corner aquarium. Yes corner and yes it is tight under the tank.

Fish are as follows:
1 - Diamond Watchman Goby - Named Neil (as in Neil Diamond)
2 - Clowns (Gladiator and Ocellaris) - Named Space and Money (as in Nemo Space and Nemo Money)
1 - Powder Blue Tang - Named Wu (as in Wu Tang)
1 - Flame Angel - Named Jill (as in the Hottest of Charlies Angels - Farrah Fawcett)
1 - Blue Jewel/Orange Tail Puffer - Named Sean (as in Sean "Puff-Daddy" Combs)
1 - Blue Sided Fairy Wrasse - Named Tink (we are Disney fans)
2 - Kupang or Azure Damsels
1 - Peppermint Shrimp

Coral and Anemones
Pulsing Xenia
Kryptonite Candy Cane
Orange Clove Polyp
Blue Tip Torch
Green Torch
Light Purple Hammer
Green Frog Spawn
Green Bubble Anemone
Rainbow Anemone
Blue/Green Anemone

Sump and Components
EShopps RS-75 Sump
EShopps X-120 Skimmer
Clear Water CW-50 Algae Scrubber (w/Syncra Silent 1.0 pump)
Octopus Varios 2 Return Pump
1 - Cobalt Neo-Therm 150W Heater
2- EcoTech Vortech MP 10WQD Pumps w/ReefLink Wireless control)
Cobalt C-Ray 200 Light
XP Duetto Duel-Sensor ATO

Current Test Equipment I Own
Hanna Phosphorus ULR Tester
Hanna Calcium Tester
Hanna Alkalinity Tester
Hanna Salinity Tester
Hanna PHEP+ Ph Tester
Red Sea Marine Care Test Kit

That's about it. I'm struggling with hard coral. I ran a PAR meter and lighting is okay. Tank just needs some more age to it. Set it up in December 2018 (after Christmas).

Photos below are older. I will add new ones to my build thread this weekend.

Full Tank Barley Light.jpg
Tank Sump.jpg

More than just hot air: Is there a Pufferfish in your aquarium?

• There is currently a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 32 17.5%
  • There is not currently a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I have kept one in the past.

Votes: 31 16.9%
  • There has never been a pufferfish in my aquarium, but I plan to keep one in the future.

Votes: 33 18.0%
  • I have no plans to keep a pufferfish in my aquarium.

Votes: 79 43.2%
  • Other.

Votes: 8 4.4%
Back